MARRIOTT IN PARIS???

Search

MARRIOTT IN PARIS???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2008, 05:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MARRIOTT IN PARIS???

Has anyone stayed at a marriott in paris? I am going in July and am looking for a room for my hubby and I. We are visiting my son in law who lives close to le jardin de luxembourg (spelling)?. He lives on 4 rue jean bart. I went on the marriot website but dont know which marriott is closest to where we are visiting. Thanks.
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 05:28 AM

Are you staying on points or paying?

If paying, I would not recommend the Marriott's as I don't think any of them are really that close to the location you want.

Now, if you are staying on points I think step one is to see what's an option for your stay. Generally I can get the Marriott Rive Guache, Ren La Defense or Courtyard. Of the three I would take the Marriott Rive Guache. It's very close to the Metro so you can get where you want.

Your other options are the Ren Vendome and Marriott Champs Elysees. Very costly, but nice. (Personally the Champs location does nothing for me, but others love it)
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 03:34 PM
ira

Hi F,

You do have answers on your post, which you can find if you click on your name.

Are you staying on points or paying?

Old Mar 18th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Original Poster

We will be paying . I did check out some locations and OMG, are they costly.
Even with a discount through my son in law!!! I guess I will look into the Familia (others have suggested this hotel). Thanks for your input
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:17 PM

I stayed at the Marriott Rive Gauche in February. It's about a block from the Metro, so you can get to Luxembourg easily. Could also walk from there. Go on Priceline and bid - but I don't know how good a deal you can get in July. Maybe worth a try.
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:25 PM

Are you the same poster who asked a couple weeks ago about getting a hotel on or near rue Jean Bart? If not, say so and I'll dredge up the hotels we recommended on that thread. There are a lot of hotels in the area between Montparnasse, J. de Luxembourg and the Seine.
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 01:09 PM

There are many small hotels much closer to the Jardin du Luxembourg than the Marriott Rive Gauche.

Why don't you ask your SIL for a list of hotels nearby his place?
Old Mar 21st, 2008, 05:40 PM
Original Poster

Travelnut, yes it was me! I was asking about a Marriot cause my SIL works there, however, even with his discount, it is $$$$$. I think we will either stay at the Familia or Concorde de Lafayette. Thanks for all your input
Old Mar 21st, 2008, 08:40 PM

Everything in Paris is skyhigh. If anyone in your family has Marriott points or American Express points, use them. We used 30,000 American Express points to stay for free at the InterContinental in Rome which least expensive room was $500.

Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 06:19 AM

Why the Concorde de Lafayette?..... are you getting that one for 'miles'..? It's very far on the edge of Paris, nowhere near your son.
Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 03:47 PM
Original Poster

Travelnut, is the Familia closer? And by close, we dont have to be on top of them..we dont mind walking, or taking a taxi.
Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 03:56 PM

As suggested in the other post, you could use ViaMichelin to find out what hotels it recommends close to the rue Jean Bart.
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 08:35 PM

Hi, I'm working out of town right now.. but you can find out how far these hotels are from 'rue Jean Bart' by using the 'pedestrian' routing feature at:
www.mappy.com
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Original Poster

Just letting you know, I FINALLY found a place to stay in Paris very close to my son in law on Rue Jean Bart. I went to a website, www.myapartmentsinparis.com and found, for 92euros/night (for 6 nites) an apartment. Double bed, small kitchen, nice size bathroom (for Paris standards), flat screen tv in a secured building. And it is only 1/2 mile from my SIL. So, thank you for all your suggestions. I recommend an apartment over a hotel.Another website is www.feelparis.com. Both helpful.
They list prices, descriptions, maps, amenities, pictures, phone # and fax #. I am actually corresponding with someone in Paris who is part of apartment rentals to work out all the details
She has answered me very quickly and is very detailed.
So, once again, thank you
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 12:52 PM

Hi from Ohio- my husband and I have stayed at the Marriott on the Champs Elysee which is in the 8th arr. This is a beautiful hotel and very convenient to Metro's, etc. It is across the Seine from where Le Jardin du Luxembourg is, but with the Metro (subway) it is very easy to get around the whole city. We are going again in July this year and staying there again, using Marriott points- which saves a lot since this hotel is pricey. But again, it's a beautiful hotel in a great location and we would highly recommend it.