Reload this Page >

Marais Hotel Suggestions

Search

Marais Hotel Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 05:30 AM
Planning

Marais Hotel Suggestions

Planning September/October week trip to Paris.<BR><BR>Any suggestions for MARAIS (only) hotels?-looking for decent, tourist class. Went to Paris three years ago and stayed right in Place de Republic. Looking for change.\<BR><BR>Thanks!!!

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 05:35 AM
beth

I'm not sure what your price range is. Hotel St Paul de Marais is a three star in the Marais, very close to St Paul Metro stop. I've stayed there many times and recommend it wholeheartedly. Great location, lovely staff. Very clean.<BR>http://www.hotel-paris-marais.com/gb/menu.html

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 06:06 AM
RnR

In Marais, I can suggest two restaurants which I thought very nice: Le Bistrot Du Dome (2, rue de la Bastille) for great seafood, and Baracane-Bistrot De L'Oulette, 38, rue des Tournelles, with terrifc SW cooking, including a scrumptuous comfit de canard and nice cassoulet. The wine list emphasizes reds, naturally, and the prices are reasonable. They will open a bottle of brut champagne if you order a glass to start. Lovely for lunch.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 10:15 AM
red

Grand Hotel Jeanne d'Arc is good choice

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 01:06 PM
ali

We stayed at Hotel de la Bretonnerie in March and loved it. It cost 108 euro for a double. We loved the neighborhood and would stay there again and at that hotel in a heartbeat.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 01:13 PM
BTilke

One hotel I would *not* recommend is the Hotel du Septieme Art. The location is fine if you want to stay in the Marais (not my favorite neighborhood), but I thought the rooms were very shabby. A movie buff friend recommended it to us and we stayed in the suite on the top floor for about 10 days. The service was good and our room was ok, but we peeked into the other rooms on our daily slogs up and down the stairs (no elevator) and they had a drab flea market/garage sale/basement leftover decor. For the price, I think you can do better. <BR>BTilke (Brussels)