Search

Maida Vale Apartment

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maida Vale Apartment

Please Help!!!

We leave for London in three weeks. Has anyone stayed at an apartment in the Maida Vale area near Little Venice. We are looking at one through 1stlondonflats. The photos of the apartment look nice enough and the price is right, but I know nothing about the area.
Thanks!!!!
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 08:09 AM

A mainly residential area which is quite pleasant, but a little too far removed from the centre of London where the tourist attractions are located.
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 09:24 AM

I uaed to live in a flat in Maida Vale. It is a residential area and it is a bit out of the way, but there is tube station and the bus lines run you right down to Oxford St. I enjoyed the neighborhood pubs out ther much more than the one in central London. Lots of food shops and small resturants scattered about.

Hope this helps . . Rich
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 09:28 AM

I used to live in Maida Vale in a flat.
Warwick tube station is right there and the bus runs through the neighborhood. It is only 10-15 minutes ride to Oxford Street, so it is not far at all from the Central London. I loved the area, most of the townhouses there are beautiful. There are a few pubs and restaurants.
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 10:21 AM

Just returned from timeshare apt Carlton Court at 120 Maida Vale, first time we have stayed in this neighborhood. Seemed out of the way on the map but turned out to be fine. MV tube stop was several block walk away (Warwick station mentioned in another post was much farther away, in Little Venice neighhborhood..that seems to be where you are headed rather than the area where we stayed.)
We bought 7-day tube and bus pass for 20.40 pounds, no photo needed, and that got us everywhere quickly. The commercial neighborhood near our apt. was a longish walk. Predominantly ethnic-owned stores and restaurants. There was a Marriott with good Italian rest., Greek and Thai and Chinese rests within walking distance, very good; but that is not the Little Venice area. We explored LV and it is very pleasant.
We liked the area and would return again.
Remember you can get anywhere from your apt. by the excellent tube system (and the good but somewhat slower buses.) Think you will like it here.