Luxury accomidations in Naxos, Greece?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2003, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for more than the basic accomidations that I have found in my research for this island. I know it is a more low-key island but would like a suite or something special for our anniversary trip since things seem to be fairly afforable. In the 80-100E range. Looking for something on the beach with a romantic room: view and/or private balcony/terrace, pool, walkable to the main town. Does it exhist? Can anyone recommend? Thanks in advance...
Old May 13th, 2003, 08:26 AM
Original Poster

Anything on the nightlife either?
Old May 13th, 2003, 08:47 AM

We stayed at Athina Studio Apartments directly across from the beach in Plaka. It is far from luxurious but they have really nice rooms, ac, kitchenette and balcony. There is also a pool. This is a beautiful area - great beaches with soft white sand. Lots of little tavernas in walking distance and a 10 min bus ride to the main Hora if you want more of a night life.
Check out http://www.united-hellas.com/tourism...ina/index.html - to have a look. I cant find their website but their phone number is: (0285) 41153-4 fax: 41152. enjoy
Old May 13th, 2003, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! Sounds good...I'll check it out. How was your room? Is there a busy nightlife or is it pretty low-keyed?
Old May 15th, 2003, 06:58 AM

Hi baemal, on your Santorini post I had told you that I stayed at Lianos Village which is really nice but probably a little out of the way for you. One hotel that I had looked at that has a more in town location is Alkyoni you may want to take a look.

The Porto Naxos is most likely the closest to a luxury hotel, I used to drive by it on the way to town. It's at the far end of the St. George's area so it may be a bit of a walk to Hora.

I was in Naxos at the end of August and the waterfront area was very busy we didn't do any clubbing but there was certainly a lot of nightlife.

I would also consider renting a scooter or car it's a pretty big island and some the inland villages are worth a visit. Plus if you are staying more in-town you will want to go to the beach at Plaka or Prokopios at least once.
Old May 15th, 2003, 11:20 AM

Our room at Athina's was great - relatively big with a nice bathroom, sitting area and kitchenette. Again not luxurious but simply decorated and plenty of space. As far as night life goes - you will need to go into the Hora for clubs/bars - I cant really comment on the scene bc we spent most of our time in the tavernas and/or having a drink at one of the low key beach type bars. Naxos is a really special place for us but not somewhere that I would consider a party place - much more family orientated.
Old May 16th, 2003, 11:31 PM

Hi there, I'm staying at the Astir of Naxos hotel which was built last year. Search for it on google, I think you'll like what you see. I hope it's as beautiful as it looks - though my travel agent assures me she's heard good things... good luck!