Lutetia Hotel, please tell?

Old Jun 5th, 2004, 06:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lutetia Hotel, please tell?

Can anyone talk about this hotel? What it's like? What it's near? If it's good for only a two-night stay? Also, anyone familiar with the St. James et Albany? Or the Tremoille? Thank you.
Old Jun 5th, 2004, 07:44 AM

We stayed at the St. James et Albany before it was renovated and thought it the worst hotel we'd ever stayed in. More recent reports indicate that it's a bit better but that it's also a major hotel for tour groups.

The Lutetia is a large hotel on the Left Bank. It would be fine for a short stay as long as you don't get one of the small, badly located rooms.

Friends of ours have stayed at the Tremoille and liked it but I haven't actually seen it.
Old Jun 5th, 2004, 09:33 AM

The Lutetia has a fabulous bar
I think it would be fine for a couple of nights, it is a bit far from where I like to stay but it is a good area and a very nice hotel.
Old Jun 5th, 2004, 12:16 PM

Hi
What kind of hotel are you looking for, what are your expectations?
Some of my family including two kids stayed at the L a couple of years ago. The L is the only large hotel in the area. It is a full-service hotel (room service, laundry and dry cleaning available, etc).
My family thought it was fine, not top of the line, but very good, comfortable, convenient.
Old Jun 5th, 2004, 01:41 PM

Hi, I don't see any recommendation here much about Hotel Pont Royal which is in the same district as the Lutetia but closer to the river.
Maybe the Lutetia is considered a palace hotel but I really didn't think the rooms pictured on their website look so appealing for the rates they are asking.
On the other hand, the Pont Royal rooms look nicer but maybe the rooms are smaller, I don't know. However, Pont Royal looks more appealing in decor and also for location to me. But as I said, I guess the Lutetia is more well-regarded due to its being a palace hotel while Pont Royal is just a deluxe type of hotel.
And I may not be the best one to judge these two hotels because I've never stayed in either one. But it's just a thought.