lufthansa

Apr 23rd, 2003, 09:52 PM
Original Poster

lufthansa

How is the coach seating on Lufthansa? Flying from Portland,OR to Frankfurt non-stop.Good food??
Apr 23rd, 2003, 10:40 PM

Believe it or not I really liked Lufthansa vs. Air France and British Airways. The legroom in coach was not bad considering it was coach. It's not alot of space but I felt that there's a bit more room compared to the other two airlines. The food was okay just like your typical airline food. The flight attendants were very nice though and they serve juice and water throughout the flight. They passed out Milka chocolate bars during the movie on one flight.
Apr 23rd, 2003, 10:49 PM

Luftansa wasn't bad at all - flight attendants very helpful and kind, plenty of food and drinks to keep the masses placated. Food not at all bad.
i got lucky and was moved to sit on the bulkhead - angle for that if you can. more legroom
Apr 24th, 2003, 01:52 AM
Bootman4U

Did you call them to find out which type of plane is being used on the route you're going (if you are) fly? The type of seating and the room varies with the aircraft type. You already know that the word "good" when it comes to airline food some would say is oxymoronic. I hope no-one posts here and says it is life-threatening and awful given the hefty change fees involved.

Apr 24th, 2003, 02:55 AM

We flew an Airbus from Newark to Frankfurt, and the leg room was terrible, especially when the guy/gal in front of you reclines their seat.

The food was barely adequate. The only thing that made up for it was free drinks.
Apr 24th, 2003, 06:27 AM

irish - I don't think this is the best site to evaluate airlines. I suggest you try "airlineguality.com" where thousands of travelers participate in ranking airlines- not just the dozen or so who might respond on this thread. "I flew XAir once and it was great" or "I flew XAir once and it was awful" means nothing. Being 6'4" my most important consideration is the distance between rows. Lufthansa, and most European carriers allow 31 inches whereas American Airlines allows 33-35 depending on the flight. Those 2-4 inches can make a great deal of difference! Other than that- service, reliability, safety and food are pretty much equal among the major transatlantic carriers.
Apr 26th, 2003, 08:33 AM

I have had all positive experience with Luftansa. I can't say that I am happy with anyline and seat space being 6'4. But I do prefer the airbus planes over the Boeing. The flight crews have been nice and always felt safe flying with them.
Apr 26th, 2003, 08:37 AM

Hi. Just flew Lufthansa round trip from the states to Italy via Frankfurt and I have no complaints. Coach (or economy) was acceptable, food was average airplane food, service was acceptable and movies were plentiful. Everything was on time and, more importantly, they didn't lose any of my luggage! Have a good trip.