Reload this Page >

Lovely Lovely London!

Search

Lovely Lovely London!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2004, 02:47 AM
Airlawgirl

Lovely Lovely London!

I've been here but three hours, and I was really afraid that the weather forecast would be correct, and there would be nothing but rain, but nooo-it's HOT and SUNNY! Gotta change into my flip-flops-don't worry, everyone is wearing them here in and about South Ken! Have had no sleep, of course, and won't- am killing some time before my hair appt. at Tony and Guy- 52 quid for a wash cut and blow dry by one of their master stylists-that's a little expensive for me-but I have a number of events going on this week in the City, so it's gotta be done. I'm used to getting a great cut at Salon Jean Louis David in New York for a LOT less-but we'll see how it goes.

P.S. For those interested in car transfers from Heathrow, I had a brand new 420E Mercedes (bought yesterday, the driver/owner told me) tricked out with the Mercedes Nav. System-driver showed me the bill of sale, it was 39,000 pounds stirling-his car payment is 800 pounds a month-don't know how they do it over here-really! Oh, and the fare was 33 pounds inclusive.-a very good deal says I.

Old Jul 6th, 2004, 03:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to London! Hope you have a fab time... lets us know about the haircut...
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 03:37 AM

How did you negotiate T+G down to £52?

That's practically what Mrs F tips there.
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 04:57 AM

And don't speak too soon about the weather - torrential rain and gales are forecast for the next two days, so you'll need taxis and an umbrella to protect that new hairdo of yours...

Which T&G are you going to? I go to the Covent Garden one. Highlights and a cut cost me 150 quid. Robbery! I don't know how we do it either.

Kate
London
Old Feb 28th, 2010, 02:25 PM

Hair salons sound super expensive, to me. I wonder if there are any in Holland Park avenue, where I'll be for awhile, that are a tad cheaper?
i've heard the weather is quite changeable in London, all weathers in one day often. I've been advise to have a brolly with me.
moonrise
Old Feb 28th, 2010, 02:55 PM

post from 2004???????