Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone been to Locanda Ca'amadi in Venice?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't even remember where I got the recommendation from but when I search everywhere, cannot find any reviews at all.
It looks very pretty on website and is reasonable-just wanted to hear some personal experiences before I commit.
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 09:34 AM

Some reviews here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...ce_Veneto.html
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, that was a huge help. I guess there is not much info on it cause it's quite new.
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 02:39 PM

My husband and I stayed there last March on our first trip to Venice. We thought it was a wonderful place! We were put in a suite which had 2 large windows with views on a canal. I enjoyed sitting at the window and watching the gondoliers go by. The room itself was huge and by far the most luxorious of the other places we had stayed in Italy. It was a bit difficult find but well worth it. We will be back there next month this time with our 2 kids. Can't hardly wait!
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Original Poster

Maybe I'll see you there. After reading the very positive reviews, I checked one of those agencies that advertise bargains and got a much better rate than the hotel offered me. I stupidly didn't jump on it and asked the hotel through email, as yet unanswered, if they could match the price (thinking it fair to give them the option before I took the agency rate). Well, I learnt my lesson on that one because now the offer is gone.
Old Feb 28th, 2010, 03:17 PM

Locanda Ca Amadi in Venice

after having read some rather negative comments,

I am here to confirm some things have fortunately changed. I considered a friend, who for almost 6 years, 3 / 4 times a year I love to live for days in Venice after various accommodations are unable to find a historic house in beautiful, quiet, and strategic typical of Venice.

Locanda Ca Amadi, which is located 3 minutes from Rialto Bridge and 10 minutes walk from Piazza San Marco.

For nearly a months, fully restored and returned to shine like years ago. We like years ago ... After a nice works frescos, exposed beams, Venitian orginal floor, furnishings returned from a truly dream.

The spacious rooms are furnished in style with its Venetian chandeliers and all the comforts and services, representing a 4 Star will make you spend unforgettable days.

Breakfast buffet and plenty of added value that we try to find.

However, after the bad experience had in the month of December 2009, neglected and abandoned ... I can now assure you that the new management, consisting of a young, cheerful and polite will welcome you and let you live a marvelous weekend in the most beautiful city of the world.

http://www.caamadi.org