Lost luggage in CDG???

Search

Lost luggage in CDG???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost luggage in CDG???

We will be flying Continental from Newark to Paris CDG (arriving at Terminal 2) and then transfer to LOT at Terminal 1 for a flight to Krakow Poland. I assume that our luggages will be checked all the way to its final destination, Krakow.

I heard many horrible stories about CDG, vis a vis lost luggages during transit and bus rides that take forever between terminals. Does anyone encounter such experience? If so, any suggestion to prevent disaster?

Thanks in advance.

sgsg
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 12:11 PM
ira

Hi sg,

>... any suggestion to prevent disaster?

Stay calm. Have a glass of wine if possible.

Don't shout. Stay calm.

Remember that you will eventually get to your destination.

Stay calm.

Your luggage will eventually show up.

Stay calm.

Hope you have an uneventful trip.

Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 12:17 PM

Yup, CDG lost my luggage on an *overnight* AF connection. They delivered the next day. No big deal. Assume it will happen. Do not put any valuables in your checked luggage. Bring your toothbrush, a razor, and some clean undies in your carryon. And have a glass of wine with ira.
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 12:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Since I work for an airline that flies to CDG and I take dozens of flights every year for leisure on other airlines, obviously my luggage has been "lost" more than once. It has been lost each and every time by North American airlines (TWA, Delta, Air Canada, United, etc.) but has always arrived the next day. Please note that non-arrival of luggage at CDG has nothing to do with CDG but everything to do with JFK, LAX, ATL, YUL, etc.
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 06:17 PM

My mom and I returned on Tuesday. Our flight from Florence to Paris (CDG) was delayed an hour and we missed our connection to San Francisco all through Air France. We were booked from CDG to JFK via Delta and the same for JFK to SFO. We were told we had to pick up our luggage at JFK, go through customs, and re-check it.

We arrive in JFK-my bags arrive. My mom's don't. There were many others who didn't either, a few who were on the same Florence to Paris flight, and many who were on different flights.

Once in San Francisco my luggage arrived and we made the claim to Delta for my mom's. She got it today (Thursday) as we arrived in San Francisco late Tuesday. So it took longer than a day, but if we lived in SF itself, we'd probably have it yesterday.

Was it CDG or was it JFK? We don't know. There were like 15 other travelers in the same situation, so who knows? Good thing is: bags are home with nothing damaged. Life is good.
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 11:05 PM

If luggage disappears during "bus rides between terminals" it's more likely stolen than lost, or at the least, taken by someone else by mistake. During those trajectories your luggage is with you, and it's your responsibility.
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 12:16 AM

I recently went from Ashevulle, Cinn, CDG to final Toulouse. I was so pleased when my luggage also arrived at the same time. My return was via ATL rather than CVG...it also arrived home with me.

I had an expereince from Spain a year ago. Left Malage late, missed Delta connection to ATL. Delta thaen sent me to JFK. My luggage arrived with me at JFK, put it back on conveyor and they sent it to LAX rather than AVL...figure that out!!

You just cross your fingers and see what happens..have a good trip....