Londontown.com

Dec 7th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Original Poster

Londontown.com

Any one with feedback on using this sight? In particular I am thinking about the "no name" hotels. They look like a good deal but I like to know exactly what I am getting.
Dec 7th, 2005, 02:42 PM

Yes,
I've used londontown.com in the past and got exactly what was advertised. Do check the hotel reviews section at tripadvisor.com before committing. If your dates are set in stone, you might check priceline as well at biddingfortravel.com. There are currently some really good deals, although all usual Priceline caveats are applicable.
Dec 7th, 2005, 02:48 PM

I normally use Londontown.com (sometimes Priceline) for my London hotels and have no complaints at all with any hotel that I have booked. Good advice from zeppo2 about using Tripadvisor to check out the hotels.
Dec 7th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Zeppo - have been looking at the tripadvisor reviews for the hotels that are named - but am tempted by some of the no-name ones. They will only tell you the name of the hotel with a confirmed booking. My dates are fixed - will have a look at priceline
Dec 7th, 2005, 03:32 PM

I used Londontown to book an EvansEvans day trip to Canterbury.

I saved ten percent per ticket, almost twenty dollars
Dec 7th, 2005, 05:42 PM

Wombat,
Sorry--didn't know about the blind reservations. I've never used that from Londontown.com, but perhaps somebody else here has. I guess one of the big questions is how well you deal with flexible situations. If I'm travelling by myself I'll often take calculated risks that I wouldn't take travelling with my wife or family.
Dec 7th, 2005, 06:02 PM

I've not used their "blind reservations" but have checked them out and figured out who they were and they are great deals. I really like that their reservation and cancellation policy work so well.

I have an issue with priceline..the price is good but the areas they cover are too large and not knowing exactly where you'll end up ..if they say Kensington but you end up in Earl's Court! Not me!! I'd rather pay a bit more and know exactly where I'll be staying
I really want to know exactly what I am getting into before I commit!
Dec 8th, 2005, 10:21 AM

Just another comment on using londontown and liking them fine, great service, exactly what I requested. I didn't use them for blind hotels, though. I guess they are trying to compete with Priceline or something. I like to choose hotel and location pretty specifically if there is any question of it being a broad area.
Dec 8th, 2005, 01:37 PM

I too used Londontown for my hotel and for 2 Evans-Evans day trips. Completely satisfied and always quick to answer my questions.