London, hotel quad room.

Search

London, hotel quad room.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2006, 10:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London, hotel quad room.

Forgot the heading last time. New poster, thanks for the hints.
looking for a good reasonably priced hotel that has a quad room in London. We need to be near the tube or other transportation. We would like to be within walking distance to the best that London has to offer. Suggestions Please?
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 05:01 PM

First - what do you mean by reasonably priced.

Second - almost everywhere in/near central London is near public transport of some kind.

Third, London is a huge city - and there is no place that's within walking distance of everything - or even most things - unless you consider 5 miles each way walking distance.

Suggest you

#1 - consult the desination section above, then look at the very numerous posts below on this subject

#2 - add your budget to this post
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 05:25 PM

Gregm,
We enjoy staying at the Holiday Inn Kensington. They have many quad rooms and the location is excellent. It is very near the tube and there are a many of museums within walking distance. There is also a grocery very close by and many resturants. The Holiday Inn Kensington Forum is around the corner, but does not have as many quad rooms. I have stayed at both hotels and like the Kensington better.
Hope this helps.
Travelatte
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 05:40 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
&quot;<i>reasonably priced</i>&quot; What do you consider reasonable? To some that means $100, or maybe &pound;100, to someone else &pound;300. So tell us what your budget is. Only then can anyone give you useful advice.

1) As nytraveler says - just about EVERY hotel will be close to a tube station on several bus routes. So transport isn't a problem.

2) And no location will be walking distance to more than a small number of the hundreds of attractions in London. But that isn't a problem - see #1 above.
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 05:47 PM

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Kensington Forum just before Holiday Inn took over. It was called The Forum Hotel then. I know that you want a quad room, but the triple room that we reserved was as small as a double. As for the hotel itself we didn't care for it, charmless rooms, more like a business hotel.
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 07:09 PM

Can you try an apartment instead? We are a family of four and sometimes pay just a little more to have a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment (with kitchen for breakfast). Vacation rentals by owner (www.vrbo.com) has some listed. [There is also a company we passed by when we were in London this summer called Foxton's, which listed short-term &quot;lets&quot;. Not sure if their market is as short as a couple of days, but I'm going to check them out if we go back to London.] We did stay 1 night at the Heathrow Marriott, which had 2 beds (queen, I think) comfortably accommodating 4 people. It is not a good location for sightseeing, but we wanted something by the airport for 1 night. I would recommend it.
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 09:12 PM
Original Poster

I would like to pay no more than $150.00 USD. per night.As far as areas. maybe around hyde park?
Thanks for the suggestions.
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 11:17 PM

$150 is about &pound;85 - and that isn't much for a double let alone a quad. Is this a family (adult couple w/ 2 kids) or four adults? Some B&amp;Bs have family rooms that might fit w/i your budget. But often they won't allow 4 adults.

The Comfort Inn Victoria does have quads at around &pound;105-&pound;110 for families and &pound;120-ish for 4 adults. But this is well over $150.

Victoria is a good area because it is close to Buckingham Palace, the river, and also close to the tube/trains and Victoria Coach station.

Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 01:48 AM

The Travel Inn County Hall has cheap quad rooms - I was quoted 80 GBP for one this last October. But they get booked up far in advance.

The hotel is right next to London Eye, opposite the Houses of Parliament, close to the tube and within walking distance of many sights.
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 04:17 AM

As janisj says your budget is stretching it for a Quad.
The Travel Inn / Express by Holiday Inn / Travelodge quad options are nearly all 2adults+2children types with the kids on sofa beds.

You're really looking at a discounted B&amp;B style place and there are a lot of dumps at the cheap end. How much discount you'll get depends on which days.
i.e. the cheapest areas are Bayswater and Kings Cross for this type of accommodation. Bayswater has much deeper discounts mid-week than weekend.
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 07:26 AM

Yes - County Hall Travel Inn is a great choice, IF you can get in, and IF you are traveling w/ kids. If you are 2 adults and 2 kids under 16 you can use one room at the Travel Inn (now called Premier Travel Inn).

If I was traveling w/ kids I personally wouldn't stay anywhere near Kings Cross. Just too hectic, and not the best area for families.
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 07:38 AM

Another option is the Novotel Tower Bridge, walking distance to the tube, tower of london, and some good eats. We stayed four in a room for 89 pounds which included breakfast.
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 08:10 AM

See if the Moat House chain is running a special. They have quads (a room with a double or queen bed and bunk beds in a separate area). We booked in there two years ago during a special of 89GBP that included breakfast. Great location, just across the street from the S. Ken tube stop.
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 09:53 AM

The Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace (in reality, right next to Victoria Station) was 90 GBP for a quad room (4 single beds) when I stayed there in September 2004. Decent, but small room. Great shower. OK breakfast included. (See my trip report for more details.)

Gayle
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 12:49 PM

Elizabeth House (www.elizabethhouse.co.uk) near Victoria Station has basic quads for 60-85 GBP. Rates include a continental breakfast and 24-hour access to the kitchen.
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 01:19 PM

Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express are good places to look. The Express offers a free breakfast buffet, which would help a lot with food costs.

http://www.holiday-inn.com

The Novotel Waterloo sometimes has good rates, if two of the four are under 16. http://www.accor.com
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 05:56 AM

We just got back!! The Citadines Trafalgar was in a prime location. We originally booked a 1 bedroom but updated to a 2 bedroom after 1 nite b/c it was just too tight. It is not the cleanest as they only clean once a week but clean enough! The living area was small but the kitchenette very handy. The rates are excellent- e-mail them directly.