London hotels help?

Old May 19th, 2002, 04:32 PM
george

London hotels help?

Any info on Radisson Berkshire, or Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, or St. George(Glocester Place) appreciated. Or any suggestions for good, clean, affordable hotel(s) in Oxford Circus area.

Old May 19th, 2002, 05:19 PM
Tom

George, I don't know about your budget so it is difficult to advise. But if you're looking for a 3 star hotel then St. Gile's Hotel which is right next to Tottenham court Road tube station is a good choice. I stayed there 1 month ago. The location is great. The rooms are small but clean. The staff was not particularly helpful but then I didn't have anything to ask for their help. A double bed room per night was 79 pounds, but I think you could try asking for even lower rates if you call them up directly. Their website is www.stgiles.com

Good luck

Old May 19th, 2002, 05:43 PM
Buddy

George, can't comment on these hotels, but my wife and I just returned (5/19) from 14 days in London. We stayed at the Balmoral House Hotel, which others on this forum have recommended. We were very happy with the room and the price 60 pounds/night with a 5% credit card charge. The rooms were small but VERY clean and bed was made each day and fresh towels provided. The showers and bathroom are tiny but plenty of hot water and pressure. The location is great, 1 short block from Paddington Station which houses 3 tube lines as well as the Heathrow Express. There is a drop off launderette within 1/2 block 6.40 pound per load (or you can do it yourself). There is a internet station 1/2 block as well (1 Pound for 25 minutes). Lots of inexpensive eating places close by with good food as well as 2 small stores open 24 hours.
Hope this helps, Buddy

Old May 20th, 2002, 04:01 AM
george

Thanks Tom & Buddy. If you're reading this, 1 important question(for da wife!): How long a walk is it from each hotel to SELFRIDGES!??

Old May 20th, 2002, 04:33 AM
Rich

Have stayed at the Holiday Inn several times. It is the old "Londoner Hotel" and is now the Holiday Inn - Garden Court, but sometimes advertised as Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, (although it is really closer to Bond Street Tube).

It is about four blocks from Selfridges on a quite street just off Wignmore. It is more of a business hotel than it is tourist, rooms are larger than average. They have a breakfast but I usually went to one of many nearby cafes.

Enjoy London . . Rich

Old May 20th, 2002, 04:35 AM
Rich

Stiff fingers this morning . . it is Wigmore not Wignmore . . sorry

Old May 21st, 2002, 09:49 AM
topper

topping