Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Honey Bees on the roof of the Opera House in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2002, 07:09 AM
wendy

Has anyone seen this or been up 'there'? I've seen the little jars of honey for sale in Fauchon, and I can't get anyone at the Opera House on the phone or at any of the numbers on thier website.<BR><BR>Thank you in advance...<BR><BR>Wendy

Old May 21st, 2002, 07:27 AM
StCirq

Wendy: There are two huge beehives up there; supposedly they benefit from pollen from the flowers in the Tuileries and the gardens of the Palais Royal. The honey is supposed to be delicious, but I haven't tried it.

Old May 21st, 2002, 07:57 AM
Julie

Wow. Now this is esoteric information!!<BR>Just when you think you're starting to know a city, you learn something else new. I'm impressed, and I mean that sincerely.

Old May 21st, 2002, 08:02 AM
Wendy

St. Cirq~<BR><BR>Hello there! Good to see you again.<BR><BR>I'm baffled because I can't get anyone at the Opera to tell me HOW to get up there, I've got to get a film crew in and I'm at a loss! Any ideas?<BR><BR>Julie, I've lived between here and there for 12 years and as you can see, I'm still learning!<BR><BR>Wen<BR>

Old May 21st, 2002, 08:48 AM
PB

Wendy,<BR><BR>WHy don't you try a different route - contact TF1 (the television station). They did a 'reportage' on the bees a couple of years ago and could probably give you the contact information. <BR><BR>PB

Old May 21st, 2002, 09:03 AM
StCirq

Wendy:<BR><BR>My friend and tour guide V&eacute;ronique gives private tours of the Op&eacute;ra. I'll send you her phone number in the e-mail that I owe you anyway.

Old May 21st, 2002, 09:25 AM
wendy

PB and St. Cirq...<BR><BR>A huge MERCI for your ideas and your help! I've found a few other bee keepers in Paris, but I think the bees on the roof of the Opera House is a better story.<BR><BR>I'll contact TF 1 now, and St. Cirq, if your friend could be of help in just getting me the person to contact that would be great. <BR><BR>Hilarious enough, the 'press' office at the Garnier just told me, "Yes, there are bees on the roof, yes, you can film up there, but no, we don't know who is responsible for it." <BR><BR>Thank you again! ~Wendy~

Old May 21st, 2002, 10:02 AM
elvira

Okay, I thought I'd done well when I found hives in the Luxembourg Gardens and at Parc Georges Brassens...but THIS tops it all.<BR><BR>Now I'm on a hunt for more info on this. And people wonder why we find Paris so interesting....<BR><BR>