London Hotel for 200 GBP

Search

London Hotel for 200 GBP

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London Hotel for 200 GBP

Thanks to everyone who answered my OP; I realize I forgot to designate a search topic so I wasn't searchable, so I figured I better repost. Thanks to all of you I got some great suggestions.

I have a question about Basil Street for those who have stayed there--how is the breakfast? Full or continental? It is just easier with a child to have breakfast right at the hotel. Thanks.

I got a reply from Rubens that was irritating because their website lists a substantially lower rate than what I was quoted in an e-mail from Reservations and when I asked them just to match it, they said no, you just have to grab those rates off the web and book when you see them, which is annoying after several e-mails back and forth. Many of you, however, speak highly of the hotel.

Anyway, still open to suggestions and thanks again.

Mary
traveling to London in October with my husband and 6-year old
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 11:43 AM

Hi Marymarra, I'm the person who originally recommended the Basil St. I don't believe they provide breakfast with the room, at least I can't remember us ever eating breakfast there. I'm sure if you contacted the hotel and explained your situation they would help you out. The other alternative is to pick up croissants, juice, fruit, etc. the evening before at a nearby shop/bakery and have it in the room in the morning. There are lots of places nearby. I'm sure the hotel would even keep it for you/bring it up in the morning.
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 12:06 PM

Have you tried Londontown.com? They sometimes offer excellent rates much lower than what can be found by dealing directly with the hotels.

GOod luck!
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Original Poster

Hi Rick, thanks so much for the suggestion--I got a lovely reply from them and it looks great.

Mary
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 12:50 PM

I don't know the Basil street (how many stars, what neighborhood).. we were very pleased with a priceline deal in the Soho district. The 4* Hilton Waldorf for $115 a night in April.
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 01:12 PM

At the Basil Street, you have a choice of full English or continental breakfast. (When you sit down, the waiter will ask if you want a "cooked breakfast"; if you want the full English breakfast, say yes.)

Neither type of breakfast is included in the room rate. The full English breakfast costs several pounds more than the continental breakfast.

The full English breakfast comes with eggs (cooked any way you want), sausage, bacon, tomato, grilled mushroom, toast, a basket of pastries, juice, and tea or coffee. The continental breakfast, which is buffet style, usually includes cereal, yogurt, fruit salad, hard-boiled eggs, and toast.
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Original Poster

Bree--thanks; it looks like a great place; breakfast is key for us with a small child! I assume there are lots of places nearby to have breakfast, as well.

Mary
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Original Poster

ttt