Search

Lipizzaner Stallions - standing room only

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lipizzaner Stallions - standing room only

We are visiting in May and all but standing room
tickets are already sold out for the Sunday we are in town. There are no practices scheduled while we are there. Are standing room tickets worth the effort? Will we be able to see enough? We don't mind standing if there is something to see as we probably would only stay for an hour or so.
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 02:41 PM

It depends on your level of interest. If you are true horse lovers and this is something you've wanted to see for a long time go for it. If you're doing it just because it's one of the main things on the to to list it probalby wouldn;t be worth it for you.
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 02:46 PM

I agree with nytraveler. I went to see them and all I can remember is that I went to see them.
Old Feb 14th, 2004, 07:21 PM

I went a couple of years ago. The viewing area is like a U shaped balcony around the central "stage" where the horses perform. The standing room places are not far behind the seats. The first row of seats are at the railing immediately overlooking the floor. Behind the seats is a relatively narrow walkway, and the standing room positions are behind the walkway. The total capacity of the arena is relative small. Therefore it is not like a big theater where standing areas are behind pillars 40 rows away from the stage.

If you are going there expecting to see Cossack type daredevil riding where the riders lean out of the saddle and swoop up hats on the ground, or ride standing in the saddle at full gallop, or ride bucking broncos Western style, you will not see it. The riding is formal, fairly slow, and in some instances even sedate. The emphasis is on precise, intricate footwork.

The horses are indeed beautiful animals.

Old Mar 12th, 2004, 01:20 PM

I am also trying to get info on performances. Do you have to reserve & buy standing room only tickets before hand or is it first-come first serve on the day of? Does anyone know how much the standing room only tickets are?
Old Mar 12th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Original Poster

The following site gives the information about the performances and tickets.

http://www.spanische-reitschule.com/english/Eventse.htm