Mama Mia tickets

Search

Mama Mia tickets

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2003, 05:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mama Mia tickets

What are the ideal seats to try for? I was told the first row balcony was best but they don't have 4 tickets together ... are any of the "cheaper" seats any good? Thanks.
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 07:16 PM

I just bought tickets through the internet. Just go to google and type in Mamma mia. You can click for best available seats. have fun
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 04:43 AM
Original Poster

I have also done that..but they are showing the best available seats for my date in the front row! And I don't think I want to sit there. I am hoping someone who frequents the show (and I know you're out there!) will have some tips as to the best cheap seats and/or the best "expensive" seats. Thanks.
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 02:20 PM

I have been twice. Once in the upper balcony and once in the orchestra, 6 rows from the stage in the centre. The pros of the upper balcony: cheaper, you can see behind the set slightly, and into the orchestra pit - interesting to watch scene changes etc. The cons of the upper balcony: it was very steep and heights creep me out, it was a long way up a lot of stairs in a crowd, it would be difficult to get out of in a hurry. The pros of the orchestra: My hard of hearing husband could hear the dialogue better, it was easier to get in and out of than the upper balcony, it was closer to the action of the play, you could turn and watch the orchestra leader on a monitor. The cons of the orchestra seats: they cost twice as much and had to be ordered earlier. I would not go back to the balcony in that particular theatre again simply because the theatre is so old.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 03:48 PM

Just went last week and had seats in the 6th row balcony. They were just fine and everyone could see and hear perfectly.
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 07:43 PM

Just got back from seeing the play at the Royal Alex. I, too, obtained my tickets online from the theatre's website. I agree the first row is not ideal - too close and the music is very loud, given the speakers along the sides. Their online site has a seating chart. I suppose the "best" seats are towards the middle away from the speakers, or in the first balcony. The second balcony has some sight problems given its height. If the automatic seating you're offered is not right for you, just give them a call-their telephone number is listed on their website. This is a fantastic play. Enjoy!!
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 08:29 PM

Hi Bashful:<BR><BR>I generally prefer to sit in the orcgestra area close to the stage, but for Mama Mia could only get the balcony (&amp; was it steep, while walking down the stairs I wondered what would happen if I stumbled) ... but because the stage &amp; props are minimalistic (its all music &amp; dance) being farther back was OK.<BR><BR>Z