Libertel Terminus Nord

Search

Libertel Terminus Nord

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2003, 05:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Libertel Terminus Nord

Has anyone of you fodorite stayed in this hotel?
Old Feb 8th, 2003, 07:44 AM
lynlor

Yes, we have stayed at this hotel. What would you like to know?

Old Feb 9th, 2003, 01:10 AM
Original Poster

Hi lynlor,<BR><BR>just want to know if the accommodation was okey and locationwise, is it convenient to tourist spots?
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 03:47 AM

We stayed there several years ago when it was the Hotel Gare du NOrd. We often go to the street it is on for moules when we are in Paris. It is convenient to the Metro. It is across the street from the Gare du Nord. Tourist areas are a metro ride away. If you can stay somewhere else it would be more convenient. Also the area does not feel very safe to me--it is residential darkk streets. The Gare du Nord is a complicated station and pretty well known as a pickpocket area.<BR>The hotel itself was nice enough with a very nice breakfast room/selection.
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 07:57 AM
lynlor

We chose this hotel to be near the train station to get a very early start on the train to Orly airport the next day. It was Easter and Orly was the only place where we could rent a car that day for a trip to Joigny, France.<BR>We had a certifate from United Airlines for a half-off price,also.<BR><BR>The hotel itself is very nice, friendly and helpful staff but the neighborhood surrounding the hotel is very seedy. As you walk out the door there is a metro very close. You can make a quick exit.<BR><BR>As it was Easter, the manager gave us an Easter basket. I assume all quests received this. They had a small area in the lobby that was fenced off where they had some live baby chicks. Many of the quests enjoyed watching the chicks.

Old Feb 9th, 2003, 08:44 AM

Tates, if you're looking for a place to base from while you see Paris, the bottom line is that you can do a lot better than the Gare du Nord neighborhood. Personally, I would need a good reason to be in that particular area in order to consider staying there. It's not TERRIBLE, but it's just not a great choice and it has very little to recommend it. You can find neighborhoods that you would likely be far more comfortable in without breaking the bank.
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 09:47 AM

there are no tourist spots nearby without negotiating the large network of metro lines and the neighboarhood is seedy. you could have the same access and more walkaround late enjoyment in the st. germain, latin quarter or rue cler neighborhoods
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your comments. But if you think it's not that great place to stay this being my first trip to Paris. Can you please recommend any hotel in the same price range?<BR>
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 03:28 PM

I'm not sure what the price range is. There are plenty of choices in nicer neighborhoods for well under 100 Euros and many less than 80, too.
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 04:42 PM
lynlor

This hotel probably costs closer to two hundred euros now....It is a nice hotel...very close to a metro and the train station, but it is in a terrible, crappy neighborhood. A lot of tour groups stay here. Unless a person has definite reason to want to stay at this hotel, I would say &quot;skip it&quot;.<BR><BR>If you don't wish to buy a book with hotel listings with prices, your library probably has a book with listings.<BR><BR>Many people on this forum like hotels in the 5th, 6th, 7th arrondissements. I am sure there are plenty of hotels for 100 euros or less in these areas. I am not too informed about these areas as I prefer the 8th.<BR><BR>You might ask another question about hotels in the 6th or 7th. You will get lots of answers.

Old Feb 9th, 2003, 05:10 PM
Original Poster

Once again, thanks for the reply. My budget is in the 150 to 200 euros. I will look for hotel in the areas you've suggested.
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 05:46 PM

why don't you stay our at the airport ...don't go out until late so you won't miss any of the city?????
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 06:30 AM

The Gare du Nord neighborhood is not crappy. I stayed in a hotel there during my last trip to Paris, and am staying there again when I return later this year. My reasons for liking it:<BR><BR>- Convenience: It is only a 5 minute train ride to the center of Paris (Notre Dame area), and also very convenient for taking the train to day-trips outside of Paris.<BR><BR>- Quiet at night: My hotel is on a side-street that does not get traffic noise at night. This is very unusual, because Paris is an extremely noisy city.<BR><BR>- Space: For the same money, I got a hotel room that was twice as large as one I had when I stayed in the Marais neighborhood (which was not much larger than a closet).<BR><BR>The Gare du Nord neighborhood is a typical Paris neighborhood, with the same type of architecture, cafe's, etc. you see in other sections of Paris.<BR><BR>Thousands of commuters use the train station everyday, so the surrounding streets do get crowded. Use the same pickpocket precautions you would use in any crowded area.
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 12:48 PM
Original Poster

hi joycel, thank you. Your comments makes me rethink of staying in the area. Would I find the same kind of hotel in the area of 1st and 8th arrondissements?
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 01:36 PM

Herer is a website. When we stayed at this hotel it was a 2*. The area would not make me spend the money if it is now a 3*. Try some hotels on this site.<BR>http://www.1stparishotels.com/