Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Le Regent, Fleurie, Millesime or Dauphine?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am agonizing over a decision on a hotel in the 6th for a trip in late November/early December.

I've done the obligatory search, and learned lots, but would like to hear from people who can compare the relative merits of these specific hotels.

Of course we are trying to get the most for our money. What are the room and bathroom sizes like? Is there a tub/shower combo with a fixed shower head and some way to control the water from drenching everything? We like our rooms chilly for sleeping, so we'd probably have to have windows open - how bad is street noise in each?

I need to try to keep our Paris hotel under 175 Euros (because I just booked over our budget in Vienna!).

So if we choose le Regent, Fleurie, or Millesime we have to book a standard room.
If we choose Dauphine we can go larger (they have a special).

This will be only our second trip to Paris - last time we stayed at le Saint Beuve which was lovely but we want to be a bit closer to Blvd. Saint Germain.

Old Sep 30th, 2006, 05:11 PM

pushing it up for taggie.
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Neopolitan

If the budget requires you to stick to a standard room at the Regent, then I suggest you might want to skip it. It's my favorite hotel in the area and I love the wonderful rooms and baths -- but at the superior or deluxe level. The standard ones are smallish and dark.

Old Sep 30th, 2006, 07:01 PM

Very little difference in those hotels . . toss a coin and you can't go wrong
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 07:16 PM

De Fleurie to me is the best choice, then the Millesime, Regent, and I would only consider the Dauphine if the rate was exceptional
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 11:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the responses. That's a big help!
I am leaning towards the Fleurie but the Millesime has a special that includes breakfast. Will probably knock Dauphine off the list.

What about the Hotel des Saints Peres? A standard double there is within budget.

We do end up spending a bit of time in our room and the hotel is an important part of the trip for us. So this has become a search for the most space and confort for the least price and I'm sure one hotel varies from the next in that regard. Or I might be splitting hairs.

Can anyone tell me about room locations/street noise? I know they're all in a busy area so there won't be total silence. However I'm assuming that A/c might not be working at that time of year and we'll need to sleep with open windows (we even do that in -20C because we like our rooms chilly for sleeping).

Also, what about bath/shower facilities in these hotels? I like a bath... husband shower - and he gets water everywhere even with a curtain. So we'd prefer a tub/shower combo with oneof those half-doors.

I swear in one of my searches I read a post where a manager had showed someone his worst room and was boasting that it was bigger than the superior rooms elsewhere but now I can't find that thread!
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:43 PM

The double room at the Fleurie have bath/shower combo with glass sliding doors . . you can look at one on this website.

http://www.fleurie-hotel-paris.com/e...-rooms-01.html

Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:44 PM

. . and the Fleurie is about a half block off St. Germaine and fairly quite
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:06 PM
Original Poster

Thanks - I appreciate everyone's insights.

I did look at the website but wasn't sure which room that bathroom went with... and also if they were all different.

The Fleurie has a special rate on standard rooms for the time we'll be there which is pretty attractive... wish I could get a superior room on special, but alas, no.

Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:33 PM

Our room in '05 at Millesime was quiet--but did not face the street. Room was small; bathroom nice.