Paris Hotels in St. Germain Area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2004, 07:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spending 5 days in Paris in September and want to stay in St. Germain area. Any suggestions for that area? I am thinking about the following:
Le Madison
Hotel Au Manor
Hotel Du Pas De Calais
Millesime
Le Regent

One that really looked great was the Villa d'Estrees but I not sure of the location and only found it on a few web pages.

Your comments will be appreciated. Thanks, Judy

Old Mar 21st, 2004, 07:56 PM

We stay at Le Madison and like it very much. Othere on this board have their favorites, of which Le Regent is one. I've never heard of the Villa d'Estrees; do you know the arrondissement? You can tell by the last 1 or 2 numbers of the address (75007 means the 7th).
Old Mar 21st, 2004, 10:01 PM

The ones that have gotten alot of praises here are Le Madison, Le Regent, and Millesime but I get the feeling thet Le Regent and Le Madison are much nicer than Millesime. Hotel Pas de Calais appears to be a little lower in quality than those three and Au Manoir isn't popular here.
Villa d'Estrees is on rue Git le Cour in the 6th closer to the Latin Quarter area. It's supposedly a nice quality hotel and there are a few comments on tripadvisor.com.
Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 06:32 AM

Le Regent is our back up option. The rooms are quite small but otherwise, it is a lovely hotel. Our favorite is the Hotel des Saintes-Peres on the same block as the Pas de Calais but more upscale. We like it for its larger rooms, its wonderful service and its unbeatable location.
Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 05:26 PM
CalgirlSusan

Several regular posters here always say that if size of the room is a concern, you need to get a deluxe or superior room at Le Regent. There is apparently a lot of difference in the rooms for the small difference in price.

Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 06:03 PM

I haven't done the Madison or Le Regent but have stayed at the Millesime 3 times and have been most satisfied. The service is equal to the service at their sister 4 star hotel, Du'Aubusson, The superior rooms are large, nicely furnished ,the baths immaculate and well-stocked, the service and staff are superior and breakfast ,which is included, is plentiful!

I am planning on trying Le regent on a future trip, just from reviews here. I don't really quite like the location though in comparison with the Millesime, even though it is quite close...just appears a little bit frentic around the entrance
Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 07:25 PM

I passed by Le Regent last month and although it is close to rue Buci it is actually not on a very busy street. To me it's similar to rue Jacob.
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Original Poster

Want to thank everyone for their comments and suggestions. We have decided on the Millesime which is offering a deluxe double including breakfast daily, 2 tickets for Seine boat ride, transportation from the airport, champagne upon arrival, a bottle of wine, one day pass for the metro and a few other little goodies for 220E/night. I had narrowed my choices to Millesime, Hotel De Buci, and Le Regent but found that deal too good to pass up.

Old Mar 25th, 2004, 12:56 PM

How did you get that very good package?
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 01:39 PM

The better hotels tend to fill six months ahead. Confirm pronto to be sure. FYI, the Hotel de Buci is right in the middle of a street market, which people either love or hate.
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Original Poster

Went directly to the hotel website and then under promotions. When inquiring about dates and the promotion they emailed back pricing, etc. and we booked by credit card and received confirmation the next day.
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 04:54 PM

Great deal!