Best Hotel in 6th Arr.

Aug 13th, 2003, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

Best Hotel in 6th Arr.

We are going to be in Paris in September. We love staying in the 6th and have stayed at the Pont Royal and the Relais Christine. We would like to try a different hotel this time. What is the "best" hotel in the 6th taking into considertation, rooms, service and quality.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Aug 13th, 2003, 12:40 PM

Hi
There must be 10 or 20 "bests"--Paris has so many great hotels, especially in that area as you know and hardly anyone has tried all of them.
My recommendation is for the d'Aubusson, rue Dauphine. Charming decor, all essential services plus extras, pleasant staff, good if pricey breakfast, excellent location. Rooms vary in size--the "superior" rooms are larger.
I've also read wonderful things about Le Regent just up the street.
Aug 13th, 2003, 01:31 PM

I can't tell you about ALL the hotels in that area, but Relais St. Germaine would have to be at the top of my list, certainly above d'Aubusson, for example. The rooms are all quite large, junior suites really and all are beautifully decorated. I find the whole place very civilized and gracious. If only I could afford it I'd stay there every time. My two stays there were splurges for me.
Aug 13th, 2003, 01:39 PM

glsebs,
In the same top price range as the Pont Royal and Relais Christine, I'd second Elaine's d'Aubusson (actually less pricey).

Others in that top price range might include:

Bel Ami

Relais St-Germain (checked in June-ditto what Patrick says-doubles for 270+)

L'Hotel (rm size varies dramatically)

The Madison, L'Abbaye and Relais Medicis are great hotels with lovely rooms but not so expensive, maybe "exlusive" as the 2 you've already sampled.

Aug 13th, 2003, 01:47 PM

Make that "exclusive". Since you've stayed at the Plnt Royal, I'm going to assume you've checked out the Montalembert next door.
Aug 13th, 2003, 02:54 PM

A suite at le Madison, is oh so fine...
Fluffy
Aug 13th, 2003, 03:50 PM

glsebs,
Make that "Pont Royal". I'm having a really bad orthography day. Did I spell that correctly?
("orthography", that is, not "day")

Hi Fluffy, my fellow le Madison fan,
Those suites *only* go from 380-395, but that includes pampering by Alain & staff and
free buffet brk.!
Aug 13th, 2003, 04:15 PM

Hi Marible, I guess it's been a while since I've stayed in a suite at le Madison, but I'm happy with a deluxe double.
I am sending my sister and her fiance' to le Madison for their honeymoon, I have suggested a suite-I think it's in their budget, lucky ducks.
Viva la France
Fluffy
Aug 13th, 2003, 10:15 PM

Given that you've already stayed at the Pont Royal and the Relais Christine, I'd second the suggestions for either the d'Aubusson or even more the Montalembert.
The De l'Abbaye might fit your needs as well (especially for its quiet location, which is a must for me!).
Good luck and I'd book asap. September is a busy month!
Aug 30th, 2003, 04:54 PM
JM

Checking reviews of the Madison after reading recommendations here, I was surprised to read an extremely negative review. Particularly disturbing was the description of the rudeness of the staff. This review was on www.epinionsl.com

The review was from 2001. Has there been a change in staff? Can anyone who's been to the Madison enlighten me on this?
Aug 30th, 2003, 04:56 PM
JM

Sorry,typo on the web address. It's epinions.com

Search this Thread