La Residenza San Pantaleo, Rome

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 07:56 AM
Greg

La Residenza San Pantaleo, Rome

Planning a trip to Rome next year. Has anyone stayed at La Residenza San Pantaleo? If so then please give a recommendation.

Thanks, Greg

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 08:17 AM
Barb

I stayed there end of Sept. and I really liked it. It is a budget hotel, not fancy, but you just can't beat the location. Right around the corner from Piazza Navona and just across the street from Campo di Fiori. Staff is a little weird, but ok. I had a single room, which was small, but just fine for me. It was very clean. My room faced a little inner courtyard, so it was very quiet. I think one other room faced this same courtyard. I would stay there again. Great value for the money.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 08:55 AM
Greg

Thanks Barb,
Since rooms in Rome are so expensive, I feel uncomfortable booking a room that sounds too cheap. You gave me confidence to do so.
Greg

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 09:30 AM
zootsi

Greg, there were lots of posts on this hotel about 6 months ago, some good some bad. My wife and I stayed here last spring, and wound up in one of their biggest rooms at no extra charge. Apparently some of the rooms are very tiny. Our room did overlook a very busy street, but with both the windows and shutters closed it was fine, plus we actually had a view that included Campo Di Fiore a block away. The breakfast was very meager and the guy who ran the place was not the most helpful or personable person. On the plus side, the location is a 10, the room was comfortable and fairly clean, and you can't beat the price.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 03:38 PM
xxx

We stayed there last Spring. For the money the stay of was very comfortable. The location is great.