Reload this Page >

how to by ballet or opera tickets

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 04:07 PM
anna

I want to buy tickets for a ballet or opera before I go to Paris. Went on www.opera-de-paris-fr. to do so, no luck. Does anyone know it there is a way to buy advance tickets online, and how much they are?<BR>Thanks

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 04:30 PM
Lesli

Anna -<BR><BR>The opera-de-paris-fr site does sell tickets "Billeterie en ligne," and you can even click on "English" once you get to that point. Prices vary by performance and type of seating and are listed on the site.

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 04:33 PM
Mara

Anna - I bought tickets on line for Swan Lake at the Bastille on the opera-de-paris.fr website. There is a link to "billetterie en ligne" and you can choose English (which helped me a lot). I was able to choose the date amd the price range and at the end got to see a view from my seat! I paid online and elected to pick up the ticket at the box office on the day of the performance. They emailed me a confirmation immediately and charged my credit card. You have to set up an account but it is easy (at least in English,it was). Possibly it may not work when it is evening there - I had that problem with buying museum tickets on the FNAC site. HTH, Mara

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 04:37 PM
BD

http://resa.opera-de-paris.fr/pages/index.asp?cd_langue=2<BR>Try this-this is the English page.<BR>We used this site, it is excellent!

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 04:46 PM
Christina

I've also bought them through that web site, but there are a couple private ticket agencies that also sell them (with a markup, I forget the amount, maybe 10 pct), such as www.omniticket.fr or maybe www.ticketnet.fr<BR><BR>Sometimes there are certain performances that they will not let you buy online on the opera-de-paris.fr web site, so perhaps that happened to Anna -- you get a message to that effect. I'm not quite sure when they do that and when they don't -- I have gotten tickets onsite at their box office a few days before performance for an event that they would not sell online.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 03:54 PM
Mary Susan

The website listed below by BD is really wonderful. I am confused about one thing and wonder if anyone can help. I found an opera during the time we will be in Paris (11/27) and under "find out more" it lists the prices as 7-109 euros. When I tried to order the tickets through the website it only offered 37-109 euros as choices. Neither my husband nor I are really opera fans, so may not make it past intermission and I was planning on less expensive seats. Does anyone know about this? Can you only get the cheaper seats at the box office? Or at the last minute? <BR><BR>Thanks.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 11:38 PM
hanl

Mary Susan, try calling the booking office as they have a much greater range of seat prices than the website.<BR>I once tried to book tickets on the site but found that the prices were out of my range. I then phoned the booking office and they offered a lot more choice, especially for cheaper seats. The number will be on the operadeparis.fr site, and i'm sure you can make enquiries in English.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 05:11 AM
Nikki

I purchased ballet tickets through the website www.fnac.com. There was a larger selection of price ranges than at the opera site, and I got extremely inexpensive seats way up at the top of the balcony at the Palais Garnier. Loved the price, and we could see well, but the legroom up there was very short.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Mary Susan

Thanks again. I did not have much luck with the fnac site (my french is decent but still couldn't sort through getting to opera tickets) but I think I will just call them.