Katowice train station

Search

Katowice train station

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Katowice train station

We are taking the train from Prague to Krakow, changing in Katowice. We have reservations from Prague to Katowice, but were told they are not available from Katowice to Krakow. We have only 8 minutes between trains and I'm concerned about making the connection. How big is the train station? Lots of tracks? etc.
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 04:12 AM

Eight minutes may be enough. You may be late or early. Your Krakow train may be late or early. There are frequent trains to Krakow. Travel time about 90 minutes. Distance 80k. The Polski Express bus is also available.
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 07:58 PM

Usually with so little time for change trains will be on opposite track on same platform... to verify your track/platform information you should contact whoever is selling your tickets or email [email protected] and [email protected]

you also may just want to check http://www.pkp.pl/english/index.php
for connection for Prague enter Praha ...
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 06:16 PM

What time does your train from Prague leave? Last fall we took a train that left around 11:00AM from Prague and changed trains at Katowice. Train to Krakow was on the next track. Took 30 seconds to walk from our train to the next train. I don't know if it is always the same schedule. However, be alert if your train to Katowice is late. Ours arrived late, & it was difficult getting off the train with our luggage, trying to get by people standing in the way. As soon as we hopped on our train to Krakow, it left! Not exagerating!
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 04:43 AM

I did Budapest to Krakow and changed at Katowice. It's about six platforms wide. The information displays were pretty hard to understand. My train was cancelled and I had to wait about an hour for another train. Although I was a little panicked at the time I got on the next train easily enough. I was told my ticket wasn't valid for the express train and that I would have to buy a ticket. I gave the chap about £20 - forget how many Zloty expecting change but he seemed to think it was a nice round figure and indicated with a hand gesture that the transaction had ended without handing me anything ie. ticket. I then expected to be a cash cow for the rest of the journey but was never bothered again except to be given free refreshments. Then the stewardess really had to convince me they were free and couldn't understand why initially I wouldn't have them!
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your replies. Kwoo, we do leave Prague at 11:00. I have since heard from the man from whom I bought our tickets. He said there are three more trains to Krakow within an hour and that the final destination for that train is Przemysl. I appreciate all the info.Thanks again