Reload this Page >

Just back from PARIS. Any Questions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 05:58 AM
richardab

I just returned home from my 7 day trip to Paris. This was my 5th trip to Paris and I still feel like I didn't see everything. I stayed at the hotel Britannique in the 1st Arr, shopped, ate like a pig and walked everywhere. If you have any questions let me know! (I will post a full trip report later...)

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 06:26 AM
jj

richard, glad you ate well on your trip! We're going to Paris in June (1st time) and I'd love to hear casual restaurant recommendations. I followed your advice last summer and ate at a restaurant you recommended in Rome (the name escapes me at the moment), and your recommendation was right on! Thanks; can't wait to read your trip report as well.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 06:33 AM
richardab

I am going to post my full trip report late and include all the restaurants I ate at. Most were very good, a couple were horrid. I have one suggestion before you leave... Get the book "Bistros of Paris" by Robert and Barbara Hamburger before you leave. It is well worth the $18 and has the best bistros recommendations in each arrondissement. (jj@jjj eMail me your real eMail address so I can let you know when I get my info posted)

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 12:36 PM
xxx

What restaurants were your favorite?

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 12:01 AM
DebF.

And which ones would you not recommend? Also, any special discoveries on this trip (not necessarily food related)?<BR><BR>I'll be leaving for Paris in two weeks and don't know if I'll have a chance to read your trip report. Thanks!<BR><BR>

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 04:06 AM
Blue

Anxious to hear about your trip...I am leaving next week for 10 days in Paris and Lyons...also staying in the 1st Arr and most interested in the names of a few good cafes...casual. Have been to Paris many times but unfortunatley it has been over 10 years since the last visit...would appreciated any suggestions...thanks

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 05:19 AM
lisa

Richardab-- thanks for the tip on the book. I just got it at Amazon for approx. $15!

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 08:15 AM
Gregg

Although it is nice to have a collection of books, I find that the info is so quickly outdated. Sometimes it is also on the web (Karen Brown). Internet is relatively free (if you don't consider subscriber fees). I have amassed more info than I likely need all from the www. For our trip to France in May/June I have 35 pages in word so far (3 weeks in Paris, Beaune, Lyon, Grenoble, Avallon). Everything from places to stay, towns to vist, walking routes in Paris, wines, restaurants, cheese shops, stores, museums, etc... Try www.chowhound.com for eating/hotel info; www.wineloverspage.com for the obvious, gites-de-france & logis-de-france for B&Bs. These are only a few sites, including the wonderful info on this site, that are all available for FREE! <BR>Cheers! Gregg<BR> <BR>