Search

Italy - Venice

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1st, 2009, 09:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Italy - Venice

I am going to propose to my lady in Venice in 2011 and want to take her to the most romantic restaurant in Venice. We both love fine dining with lovely romantic music (hopefully someone playing piano). Ladies you know what I mean I want to be able to dress up and have intimate romantic dinner with my lady. Any ideas as I have never been there before and I want my lady to say "yes".
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 04:17 AM

Just an idea, not necessarily the best one but the restaurant at Hotel Metropole that faces the lagoon (5 minutes walk from Piazza San Marco) has just received the 2rd macaron (= star)according to a post I read on t.a.com. Maybe this?
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 06:20 AM

Very sweet, romanticguy. Venice is the brightest star of all, anywhere will be perfect. Best wishes.
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 06:54 AM

Bfrac is right, Venice has very romantic scenery and she'll never forget it so it's a great idea! I'm not sure if it's as traditionally frilly and romantic, but La Caravella on Via XXII Marzo was a really cool place, made extremely special by the quality and taste of the food....In the end it all comes down to food quality for me. What month are you going in? The restaurant is cool because it's designed to look like a ship but when it's warm they have a little dining garden outside which is lovely.

Also I once stayed at a hotel with this delightful restaurant called La Taverna. The whole place had a traditionally antique elegant feel and was beautiful but not overdone. I stayed very comfortably too.

This was the hotel, and the restaurant is there too. Guests get a discount: http://www.italiancollection.com/en/...-artistes.html
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 07:07 AM

Planning a proposal in 2011? Not sure that counts as romantic. I'd wait another year before booking the table.
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 07:45 AM

Hate to be unromantic, but you posed this same question on posts on Oct. 23 and Nov. 5 (except at that time, the proposal was going to be July 2010). You received some very good responses to those earlier posts.
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 08:15 PM

Look, son, you'd best just get on with it. She'll say no - or yes - without being influenced by location. Venice or Cottesloe Beach - won't change a thing.
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 08:24 PM

Oh, and if you propose in Venice, and she says "no", or "can I get back to you on that", you'll have a pretty tricky balance of your trip.
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 11:12 PM

Cottesloe, can be very romantic at sunset!
Old Dec 3rd, 2009, 03:18 AM

It would be more romantic if you didn't wait until 2011. You know you want to marry her...why wait another entire year to ask? Given that, you could also propose during a gondola ride at sunset.
Old Dec 3rd, 2009, 04:01 AM

There is a tour where you do a private Gondola cruise with dinner included.

For more details see below:

http://www.gawwk.com/travel/guide/th...-cities/venice
Old Dec 3rd, 2009, 04:29 AM

I'd suggest Quadri, which is the only restaurant (2nd floor) that looks out over Piazza San Marco. There will be no mistaking where you are. Only a few tables face the windows; book well in advance, or have your hotel arrange it.
Old Dec 4th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your comments it is appreciated. The reason why I am delaying my proposal to my lady next year. Is that her son is getting married in Positano in June. We didnt want to steal their thunder as we have already talked about it. We are both madly in love and want to be with each other for the rest of our lives. We where both married to people for 30 years who both played up and where both non romantic etc etc. So its important to us we do it right this time and romanticaly as we are both that way inclined. I told you the wrong year its not 2011 (thats when we will get married and i have booked - not known to her sea cruise on new Queen Elizabeth - Cunard - 18 days Freo to Asia). Its 2010. All she knows I am going to do something next year either in Australia or overseas as we have two other small trips planned? Man of mystery they say..... love surprises and so does she. So your ideas are just wonderfull and fills my heart of joy. thankyou one and all
Old Dec 4th, 2009, 06:26 PM

Oh that's so sweet! And yes 2010 makes much more sense. How wonderful that you have booked the cruise, it had a double page ad in our newspaper (The WestAustralian) just this morning. Best wishes to you for the future.
Old Dec 9th, 2009, 09:55 AM

If money doesn't matter, go to the restaurant of the Europa & Regina hotel. Food is fine (of course, it's not the best you've ever had in your life, mind you, it's a hotel - and it's also totally overpriced, but then again, it's fine food), and the location is unbeatable. If you're going in summer, reserve a table on their terrace on Canal Grande, directly opposite S. Maria della Salute. What more can you (or she) ask? Ah yes, you can ask for a piano player... and he'll be there. I'm not sure whether you can hear him at the restaurant, but their bar has a VERY good piano player, and you could walk over to the bar (just across the corridor) after dinner...