Reload this Page >

Where should I eat dinner in Venice?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 04:21 PM
Ann

I will be in Venice Oct 1st and 2nd. Staying at the Starhotel.<BR>Thank You<BR>Ann

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 07:56 AM
richard j vicek

Good morning, Ann<BR>Am sending to you at your e mail address<BR>a list of ristorantes we have used in <BR>Venice, some since 1971 and others which<BR>we have not gotten to yet. Hope it is not returned...<BR>Richard of LaGrange Park, Il..

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Lisa Best

I would suggest following the locals into the resturaunts they go to. Someone always knew enough English or we knew enough Italian to communicate what we wanted. The food was the best I have ever had in my life and very inexspensive compared to what the nicer tourist resturaunts will charge.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Richard

For a gastronomic experience you will never forget go to Al Fontayne. Tried to get into Vini da Gigio on a Saturday night, but was "complet." They are both owned by the same people, and are right across a canal from each other and from what I hear, Vini is also superb!!

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 06:57 AM
Henly

I highly recommend a restaurant called La Columba. It is a close walk to San Marco. It is actually owned by a hotel in Venice, but it is located as a seperate entity, around 5 blocks away. This was not just the best restaurant we indulged in while in Venice, but one of the best we encountered in all of Italy (with the exception of all the mom and pop local rest's in Tuscan villages). This was a fine dining experience, but at significantly lower prices than you would pay anywhere else. we ate at Harry's Bar the night before and spent 6 times the amount, and the food at La Columba was 6 times better. I found an e-mail for you to get more info if interested: [email protected]<BR><BR>Enjoy!

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 10:19 AM
Ryan

I second the Trattoria La Columba recommendation. My wife and I had a terrific meal there just a few weeks ago. Very friendly and professional staff. <BR><BR>

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 01:11 PM
Judy

Try the Gondoleri.(sp?) Expensive but worth it. We were there 3 years ago.

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 01:27 PM
Janice

You might want to give the Slow Travel<BR>site a look, slowtrav.com. A list of<BR>Venice restaurants has been complied<BR>from reader favorites.

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 01:49 PM
David

Ann,<BR> Thanks for the message. My wife and I are going to be in Venice October 2nd- 6th. I am now working on this same issue.

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 03:58 PM
marianne

da ivo is wonderful--I ate there a couple of years ago and friends ate there last year and loved it..

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 07:07 PM
Damon

We just got back two weeks ago. If money is no object, I'd recommend Da Ivo. Wondeful food, great service, warm cozy atmosphere. But you could be talking as much as $300 for two people for a three-to-four-course meal with wine (that also includes a 16% cover charge). Meanwhile, Il Sole Sulla Vecia Cavana is relatively new restaurant in Venice, but a real gem. They served the best food we had in Venice all week at less than half the price of Da Ivo, with friendly staff and relaxing atmosphere in a former boathouse. It's not that easy to find, so get good directions.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 06:30 AM
Rex

Previously posted:<BR><BR>Author: Rex ([email protected]) <BR>Date: 4/13/2000, 10:15 am ET <BR><BR>Al Peoceto Risorto - no website presence that I know, but you can find it just about three "blocks" north (? - or is that west - head towards the direction of the train station) from Ponte Rialto. You can pick up the business card for this restaurant (with nice clear picture directions) at Hotel Marconi, which you can't miss - - right on the Grand Canal near Ponte Rialto itself, opposite side from the vaporetto stop. <BR><BR>I also recommend www.anticomartini.com<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 06:36 AM
trisha

Try Acqua Pazza in Sant Angelo Piazza. Great seafood,lovely service. Dinner for 4 cost us 160 Euro and that included wine.

Old Sep 28th, 2002, 01:51 PM
Connie

We ate twice at Al Mascaron. It is located in the Castello area near Santa Maria Formosa on Calle Lunga Santa Maria Formosa. The food was reasonable for venice and very good.

Old Sep 28th, 2002, 04:56 PM
up

up<BR>

Old Sep 28th, 2002, 05:34 PM
athena

We enoyed Al Covo very much, but were surprised that they didn't take credit cards. A little restaurant right in front of the Zattere vaporetto stop on Giuidecca, Gianni's, had the best pizza and frito misto! I have also heard that Da Fiore is good, although I have not been there myself.