Search

Italy Hotels We Are Staying IN

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Italy Hotels We Are Staying IN

All,
I started a thread last week describing the hotels that we are staying in as part of a large group (They have since changed, hence the new thread). I was wondering if anyone would have any input on the hotels and the city/area they are in.

1)Hotel Ca' di Valle - Cavallino (near venice)
2)Hotel Parigi - Montecatini Terme
3) Hotel Porziuncola - S. Maria Degli Angeli, Assisi
4) Argentina residenza -ROME (no longer w/the group)

Thanks for the input!
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 06:28 AM

Have you gone to epinions or to travel advisor? I have been to all of these cities but haven't stayed at these hotels. But I am sure someone here is familiar!
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Original Poster

i have been to those sites, some have descriptions of the hotels some didn't. I was just wondering if any Fodorites had had 1st hand experience of these hotels or towns, since we are staying in a major metropolitan area
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 02:31 PM

If your goal is to visit Venice, I think you'll find the journy arduous from Hotel Ca' di Valle. I think that is probably why you can find no reviews. Look at the website for Hotel Junior which is practically next door yo the Ca' di Valle regarding transportation to Venice and look at the map:
http://www.hoteljunior.com/en/location.htm
It says
"Every 30 minutes buses depart from Ca’ di Valle (bus stop located 50 meters from our Hotel) to Punta Sabbioni. It is possible to reach Punta Sabbioni also with your own car, there you will find a parking place. Take a Motonave (boat) that in 35 minutes arives at San Marcus Square. Boats leave when buses arrive. Early morning and late evening bus-boat schedule changes. For information about time schedule go to www.atvo.it and www.actv.it"

Punta Sabbioni is at least 10 km. from the hotel. When I look up the boat schedule at the ACTV website, choosing between 9 and 10 a.m., it shows that the boat from Punta Sabbioni leaves at 8:30 a.m. for Lido, arrives in Lido at 8:57; you switch to a different boat which leaves Lido at 9:08 and arrives at San Marco at 9:22.

Also, Santa Maria Degli Angeli, where the train station is located, is a bus ride away from Assisi, it's not walking distance.

Old Mar 14th, 2007, 04:52 PM

For transportation to and from Cavallino, go to www.atvo.it , select "Orari Linee" for schedules. The lines which are relevant for you are 10/A and 23/A feriale means workdays (Monday - Saturday) and Festive means Sundays and holidays. Right now it's showing winter schedules, and "pre-summer" schedules. You can see that Cavallino is about 15 minutes to Lido di Jesolo by bus, and 20 minutes in the opposite direction to Punta Sabbioni.

So for example, if you wanted to go by land transportation to Venice you could take the 7:47a.m. bus to Lido di Jesolo, arriving 8:05; take 8:15 bus to Piazzale Roma, arriving 9:25 a.m., or about one hour and 40 minutes.

To catch the 8:30 a.m. boat you would take the 8:03 a.m. bus from Cavallino, arriving Punta Sabbioni at 8:23, go as described in my previous post, and arrive at San Marco at 9:22, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Old Mar 15th, 2007, 05:50 AM
Original Poster

lovisa, thank you so much for the information it will be so helpful when our tour group is headed back to the hotel (we pland on staying behind, then go back to the hotel separetly).
Old Mar 15th, 2007, 06:07 AM

Hotel Porziuncola has a lot of positive reviews on www.venere.com
I could find nothing about hotel parigi other than its website
www.parigihotel.com
Have a great time!