Is Berlin dangerous?

Search

Is Berlin dangerous?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2003, 07:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Berlin dangerous?

Forgive me for being naive or overly paranoid, but I was thinking about going to Berlin. I'm an Asian-American male. Is it dangerous there?<BR><BR>Thanks.
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 08:44 PM

Why would you think it was dangerous? It is a large city so it is no different than any other large city.<BR>Berlin is fascinating, fun and very much worth a visit. You have history, culture, nightlife, good food, friendly people and lots to see and do.
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 10:22 PM

I wouldn't think of Berlin as dangeros either - I was comfortable enough to take the u-bahn alone at night, but just as in any other city there are areas you should probably aviod after dark.<BR>I found most locals to be friendly and helpful if I had questions about which u-bahn or s-bahn to take.<BR>Also, I wouldn't worry about being Asian-American - there is an international flavor to Berlin with lots of young people moving to the city from around the world.
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 06:51 AM

My wife and I were there in July and found it a fascinating city! We were never concerned about safety. I guess it is all accordiing to where you venture and at what hour? Just as in any large city around the world you have to use common sense.
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 10:04 AM
jor

Editors, Please just tell us what the problem is. We enjoy responding to travel posts in our spare time. If you want to tell us to quit complaining because you are working on it, well then tell us.<BR><BR>first posting test without using back button for this post. Hope it worked.<BR><BR>third try. used back button. Hope this works.<BR><BR>4th try. Using copy paste now.<BR><BR>5th didn't work. here's 6
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 10:19 AM

I would say that Berlin is just as safe as any other major city, but, I don't think some of you understand the original posters concern. He is Asian-American. If he has strong Asian look, there may be a reason for his concerm. Berlin is a hotbed of Skinhead activity. They are against foreigners in general and Asians, Middle-Easterners and Blacks in particular. So with that in mind, I would say you will be ok, just don't venture into unknown neighborhoods at night, and especially into some unknown clubs where there is a chance of skinheads congragating. During the day you should be ok just about anywhere where a tourists will be.<BR>Have a great trip!
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 06:31 PM

its only dangerous for asian americans...JUST KIDDING.. the only problem is with the eastern european element which has arrived in the last few years...but dangerous in the usual sense...no