Hvar lodging

Old May 25th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hvar lodging

Can someone recommend a clean, and charming, place to stay in, or near, Hvar Town?
Thanks!
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 01:09 PM

lisi,

We are staying here this month. I'll report back on it when we return in July. It has received good reviews on this site in the past.

www.apartmentsmilicic.com 2km southwest of the town center on Podstine cove with AC 15 minute walk to Hvar town. Balcony. Close to Hotel Podstein
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Original Poster

Images2,
Thanks for your reply. Please let me know about Apartments Milicic upon your return. I'm curious to know just how convenient it is to Hvar Town. Enjoy your trip!
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 10:02 AM

lisi,

I'll be happy to report back on it! We stayed about a 20 minute walk from Sorrento last year and it worked out just fine. We don't mind a walk to the center, and we've heard this walk is quite beautiful! The apartments look lovely, and having a washing machine will be great, since we'll need it by then! We leave in 4 days, starting out in Budapest! Hope the weather warms up soon....
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 06:13 PM

How was/were the Apartments Milicic?
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 12:17 PM

They are not central, but we had alot of space. This is a family home, but we had virtually no contact with the family besides checking in and out. You have your own entrance up a staircase which you access from outside. It was very hard to find when we arrived. There was no sign.

We loved the space, the kitchen area was fine and had a wonderful balcony terrace overlooking the water. This isn't located on the water, but up the hillside with several tiers of homes below. They don't block the view though.

We cooked in and ate on the terrace almost every night, enjoying sunset, and each breakfast. This was a 2 bedroom apartment and the beds were comfortable. We also had a small washing machine and dried clothes on the terrace.

The interior furniture was dated, but was adequate. There was TV with cable and airconditioning. A grocery store was not to far, but not just around the corner either. We actually bought most of our food at the main grocery store in town, and carried it back.

I would highly recommend arriving by taxi. Then you won't have the problems we did, with a long walk, and finding it so difficult to locate. The walk to Hvar Town was about 15 minutes, (when you knew the way) but if you want to take a small boat to the islands across from Hvar, there is a 2nd pier, close by which you can use. They'll return you to Hvar town though in the late afternoon.

I probably would return. We loved the balcony terrace and the space the apartment provided. It was also quiet at night. Hotel Podstine is only 5 minutes further down the road so that gives you an idea where these apartments are located.

We LOVED Hvar and will return someday. I wrote a long, detailed report of our trip. If you click on my name you should be able to locate it.

Have a great trip.
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 03:07 AM

Hello Images 2,

Did you happen to walk on the "other" side of town, along the shore opposite of Podstine Harbor? This is something like Krkni vat or something like that. I am looking at an apartment there that states it is 800 meters from the town center. It is very near the water, and looks like a good view.

Thanks if you can give any info. I enjoy reading your helpful posts.
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 05:18 AM

I'm pretty sure Podstine Harbor is the cove in front of where the Podstine hotel is located. That is the walkway we'd walk every day to our apartment, which was further along. This is the same side of town we stayed on. The walk is very pretty, but it's also a good 15 minutes walk to town. It doesn't sound like much, but can be when you do it over and over. The apartments along there aren't right on the water, but terrace up the hill with wonderful views of the sea and sunset.

The Franciscan Monastery is the "other side of town" to me! This area looked fine also. I wouldn't want to stay in the package hotels back where the large grocery store is.