how to reach hotel

Jun 22nd, 2007, 02:14 AM
Original Poster

how to reach hotel

We are reaching Paris CDG Sunday 24th june evening 2000 hrs local time. We are staying at the Hotel Campanile on 1 & 3 Avenue Porte de Clichy, 4 Berthier Bvd, 75017 Paris. How do we get there from the airport CDG? We are 2 adults with 3 bags which we can wheel. Will a taxi be better, how much will it cost? Will a combination of the airport shuttle and taxi be better? How much will this cost? Thanx.
Jun 22nd, 2007, 07:59 AM

if you are landing at 8 p.m. it will be after 10 p.m. by the time you get to your hotel. I personally would not recommend learning the ins/outs of the RER/metro then for the first time. So I'd just take a taxi all the way. (Though many Fodorites would recommend taking public transport or a shuttle.)

However - since your title doesn't even mention Paris, let alone the location of your hotel, people won't know what you are asking.

I'd re-post w/ a title something like "CDG to Avenue Porte de Clichy at night - best way?"
Jun 22nd, 2007, 08:50 AM

I'd also recommend just taking a taxi because it is night, and there are two of you with lots of bags (I consider more than one bag per person with wheels a lot). Also, Porte de Clichy isn't that far from the airport, so the taxi fare won't be nearly as bad as if you were going to the center or Left Bank of Paris. I doubt if you'd even save much if you took the Air France bus to Porte Maillot and then a taxi from there, which you could do. YOu could also take the RER from Porte Maillot right to Porte de Clichy, after that. But as janis, said, this is really getting too complicated for someone who's never been there and doesn't know the city or transportation system. I also don't know how close to the RER stop that hotel is, but I know it can't be more than a couple hundred meters as that's the entire length of that street.

It will be really easy for a taxi to come from CDG around the peripherique and get out at Porte de Clichy. Fares are a little higher at night, but I'd guess it might cost you 35 euro? Maybe 40 euro tops.
Jun 22nd, 2007, 09:52 AM

Cab probably best. You could also do a shuttle, there are some recommendations here if you do a search. Cab would be simplest.

Your location is...not very central. For that reason there are no RER, Air France, Roissybus,etc drop-offs nearby. On your rerun, could cab it again, or take metro to an AF pick up point or to get to RER e.g. at Gare du Nord

AF site:

http://www.cars-airfrance.com/

Jun 22nd, 2007, 10:10 AM

Another vote for cab. Amounts quoted seem pretty accurate. Take a piece of paper with your hotel's address on it for the driver, and maybe even a printout from maporama.com.
Jun 22nd, 2007, 12:59 PM
Original Poster

Thanx All,

cab it is then..