Getting to Paris from CDG

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a humble person who will be traveling to Paris this Sat. I don't travel that often and I am

anxious about getting from the airport to my hotel, Le Patio Saint Antoine at 289 Rue dul

Faubourg in Paris, My budget squeaks. What is the cheapest way to my hotel from CDG?

My friend says that a cab is at least $100. I tend to get lost when I have to travel long

distances to find buses or trains after landing. Is there anything I can do in advance to

secure a bus or train ticket? I will be arriving in Paris at 8am. If you have any info you would

like to share I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:46 PM

For first time visitors, a taxi is often the best choice. Fares run 50€ to 55€ to most addresses in Paris.

The low cost option would be to take the RER B from CDG (follow the signs to the RER station at Roissypol or in Terminal 2). From the RER B, disembark at Chatelet-les Halles and connect to RER A2 or A4, exit at Nation. Keep your ticket until exiting at Nation. Fare is 9.25€.
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:32 PM

HumbleJohn, there have been at least 5 - maybe more - recent threads on this very subject with lots of information to help you. A search of them will be useful for you and avoid repetition.

If you've never done a search here before, it's easy. Go to the little rectangular box at the top of this page just to the right of centre where it says 'search' and type in 'CDG to Paris' or anything similar. A list of all the threads that have that information will show up.

Good luck.
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 11:31 PM

Hi there

The airport bus is the most convenient and also you get to see the outskirts of Paris on the way in. It arrives just opposite the Opera house, Opera Garnier, which is central to everything. Make sure you confirm that it is the bus to Opera Garnier. Once there just get a taxi for the short ride to Rue du Faubourg. Don't take a taxi from the aiport, it is a waste of money. Many people speak english so don't be afraid to ask for help in finding the bus stop at the airport and the taxi stand in Paris. Don't stress, it's easy. Have fun.
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 10:03 AM

okay, that rate ($100) is overstated, but still, if you are on a tight budget, you aren't going to like the taxi option. If you have trouble getting lost etc, getting tickets in advance won't help you any, and no, there is no way you can buy bus or local metro tickets in advance any place other than Paris. But you'd still have to find the stop (which would be called the RER), so that won't help you any to have the ticket.

YOur hotel is in a somewhat inconvenient location for the metro or bus, anyway. It really depends how far you don't mind walking. It's about 4-5 blocks west of Nation metro but those can be long blocks out there. If you don't mind that walk (but you might get lost), you might consider taking the Air France airport shuttle bus to Gare de Lyon and then the metro or RER to Nation. That sounds kind of complicated given your problems, I admit (there are other options, like taking the RER to Chatelet-Les Halles and transferring to RER A to go to Nation.

In your case, you might consider a group private shuttle van which will at least take you to your hotel (meaning not for just you, but a private company), I think that might be the best idea. Or take the Air France bus to Gare de Lyon and the metro or just a taxi from there, it won't be far. I hope you can find the Air France bus stop at the airport, is is marked pretty well and you can just pay right there at the bus. You just have to make sure you get on the right Air France bus as they have two routes.

Here is a group shuttle van that will take you to your hotel http://www.beeshuttle.com/ for 39 euro.

If you take the Air France bus (line 4) that is around 16 euro one-way and then you'd have to fool with the metro/RER and walking or take a taxi which could well be another 10-15 euro.

If you just take the RER and metro, it will only cost you around 10 euro so if that trumps everything, good luck on the routes, etc.
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 10:11 AM

You are going to have to learn the Metro system to get around Paris for your trip anyways, might as well save $60 and take the RER into Paris and take the Metro. Travel light with a 22 in roller and 5 blocks is no problem, especially in the morning

http://www.parismetromap.org/

Have fun!
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 11:35 AM

See the first post, use the following map:

http://www.ratp.fr/itineraires/fr/ra...2C+75011+Paris