Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

How to get Auto Complete to work on this site.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 06:12 AM
Patrick

OK, I bought a new computer -- laptop. I've set Auto Complete and it works on most other sites, remembering my name, address, etc., but I can't get it to remember my name and email address here. Seems like I had the same problem before after a hard drive crashed and someone helped me out in reseting it. HELP?

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 07:57 AM
mj

Can't help you with Outlook or OE - IMHO, that software is too dangerous.<BR><BR>Can only help you with Mozilla (Netscape 6 or 7).<BR>Bring up the post to msg. page, enter name/email address**, select edit-&gt;save form info. When post subsequent replies, click Edit-&gt;Fill in Form to load your values. <BR><BR>*email address - this site is notorious for email harvesting. I don't post my real address for that reason only. If you feel comfortable w/earthlink's anti-spam -- YMMV<BR><BR>

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 09:46 AM
xxx

<BR><BR>To add to what mj said, I read an article--in Wired, I think--which said that message boards in general are one of the prime spots for spammers to harvest email addresses.

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 10:26 AM
Patrick

Thanks for the advice, although in three years of using my real email name and address on Fodors, I could count on one hand the possible spams that came from there. And that really isn't the point.<BR>If I used a name like &quot;no spammer&quot; and an email address of &quot;[email protected]&quot;, I'd still like this site to remember those so I wouldn't have to type them in all the time. I'd rather just type the &quot;n&quot; of &quot;no spammer&quot; for my name and have the computer automatically complete the rest.<BR><BR>And since I'm not very computer literate, I'm not sure that what you have suggested is what I'm talking about, mj, but if I can figure it out, I'll try.

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 12:32 PM
mj

Patrick,<BR>From your response I think the following page will help you:<BR><BR>http://www.windows-help.net/windows98/ie50-08.shtml

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 08:24 PM
Betsy

I'd love to know how this works on a Mac. Using Netscape 4.79. Any savvy Mac users out there who are willing to share?