Question about e-mail address

Old Jul 7th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Original Poster

Question about e-mail address

Sorry if some folks feel this isn't travel related. However, I have misplaced a couple of e-mail addresses given to me while traveling. Can anyone tell me a good "free" website to locate e-mail addresses? I have the names, towns, etc.
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 10:05 AM
J62

Lallie,
I am quite thankful that email addresses are NOT public information. Think of all the spam we would all receive if that were the case. It took an act of congress to implement the do-not-call list, but there is no such thing as a do-not-email list.

I keep my personal email address (with my real name) private (my parents didn't call me J62), I use an alias (J62) when online / using public fora. If that gets excess spam I can always invent a new me, but I don't want to have to change my name everytime there's a glitch.

Corporations as well go to great lengths to keep company email lists from getting in the wrong hands.

So, I'm sad for you but happy for the rest of us to say that I think you're out of luck.
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 10:14 AM

Try people.yahoo.com
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 10:18 AM

Sorry if this posts twice .. had a glitch.

You might try putting the info you have into google, they may have their own web pages with e-mail links.
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 10:45 AM

Actually, J62, I'm sorry to say that a lot of this info is out there in the public domain, if people have your name, etc. to search on.

www.iaf.net is one searh engine, but www.theultimates.com will let you search several easily.

Thankfully, though, they are not comprehensive. I just searched for my brother's name and city/state combo and his email address did not come up. So, it may not help, but it's worth a shot. Though in this case, if you have name and city, it's probably easiest to find their telephone number and call them and ask them for their email address.