Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

How much time between flights should I allow in Paris??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found airfare to Rome for $1100 from Knoxville by flying through Paris Charles de Gaulle. I've never connected to another flight in Paris so I'm wondering if 90 minutes is enough time between flights. I can also fly through Brussels. How much time should I allow to be safe? Thanks to you guys that have done this.
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 02:03 PM
sandi

If it's the same air carrier for both flights, then 90-minutes is okay though can be tight if the first flight is late. And more so if for some reason you have to change terminals.

If two different carriers, no way would I allow 90-minutes. At minimum 2-hrs, and maybe even 2-1/2. I'd rather make it from one flight to the other in 1-hr or less and hang out at the airport, then to miss the connection.

Why not check the "on-time-performance" of both flights - do they depart and arrive on time? How often? Always, or rarely, and any reason if the latter.

Old Mar 15th, 2004, 02:28 PM

90 minutes isn't that bad. I've had some connections that were 45-60 minutes and alway made them. I always have to transfer between terminal 2, hall C to hall F or something, it seemed (the one way out in the middle of the tarmack you need a bus to get to). If you really have a choice, I'd probably schedule to allow 2 hours between flights, as that just gives a greater assurance that your bags will get transferred properly. I had my bags not make the plane on one of my connections of that time. Of course, you never know if your flight will be late for unforeseen reasons, but you can't predict that.

I haven't flown through Brussels so don't know if that would be better than CDG.
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 02:36 PM

Maybe you should tell us which airlines you're flying, or which terminals they use. That'd help tremendously.

For example, 2A and C are connected, so are 2B & D; F is pass the TGV station. Terminal 1 is in a different zip code...
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 03:23 PM
ira

Hi Cherie,

When are you going? I found a flight for knoxville/rome for $902 connecting in Atlanta.

See http://airtravelcenter.com/onetrav.htm
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 08:33 PM

I think a two week layover would be lovely.