Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

How and where in London can I find a hotel that offers free or discounted parking?

Search

How and where in London can I find a hotel that offers free or discounted parking?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just need to stay in London for one day, and my brother is meeting me there with his car. I thought of getting a hotel through Priceline, but then when I checked out parking rates in the area ( Mayfair-Soho) it was 37 pounds. Can anyone help me with suggestions on other areas I can look for hotel accomodations?

Thanks,

D.
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 04:49 PM

Why does the parking have to be in a hotel (most London hotels don;t have any parking)? Why not just go for a nearby parking garage? Or perhaps he could park at a suburban station and take the train in?
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 05:10 PM
GreenEyedCatWoman

You need to get a bit out of the center of town, I'd think.

Quality Hotel Hampstead has a limited number (up to 15, they say) of complimentary parking spaces.

See
http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll...ty=&from=f

I've never stayed at that hotel, so can't recommend it for anything else. It has mostly favorable, but somewhat mixed reviews on TripAdvisor.

Good Luck!!

Old Apr 26th, 2005, 10:38 PM

Where is your brother driving into London from? And what time/day of the week? Are the 2 of you then heading out somewhere else by car?

It might make more sense for you to go meet him rather than have him drive into London and parking.
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 02:01 AM

Some Thistle Hotels have free parking, and all others are close to garages. have a look on their website, www.thistlehotels.co.uk. I have "abandoned" my car at Thistle Hyde Park for several days in the past! Alternatively, leave your car in somewhere like Chiswick and get the tube in.