Reload this Page >

Hotels in Vienna

Search

Hotels in Vienna

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 02:25 PM
jim

Hotels in Vienna

Can anyone recommend a good small hotel located near the main sights of Vienna? We are going in mid- December.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Jim

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 02:36 PM
Diane Moll

We have stayed at the Pension Nossek many times and have enjoyed it very much, most of all the location, step outside to all the major sights but still small, quiet and reasonably priced.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 02:53 PM
lizbeth

The Kaiserin Elisabeth has been recommended on this board several times. I stayed there in May of 2002 and enjoyed it very much. It's a quiet, medium-sized hotel about two streets over from St. Stephan's, so you're in the very center of the city. Also very close to a major U-bahn station. Refined but not stuck-up, nice caring service and an impressive breakfast array.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 03:26 PM
lynn

Jim -<BR><BR>We're staying at Hotel Post just after Christmas. Haven't been there yet but here's the website<BR><BR>http://www.hotel-post-wien.at/<BR><BR>It appears to be fine. We're only staying one night on our way elsewhere so also wanted a very central location. It's only a block or two from Stephenplaz. It's $110 a night including breakfast.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 08:09 PM
Bob Brown

Of the two Vienna hotels I have stayed in, I give a slight nod to the Carlton Opera over Der Altwienerhof.<BR>Der Altwienerhof is a little cheper, but a little farther out. On the otherhand, the U bahn line goes within 150 yards of the door, and Bus 55, which is across the street virtually, goes straight to the Hofburg fairly quickly.<BR><BR>The breakfast, incuded, at both places is world class. There is a 5-star restaurant associated with Der Altwienerhof, and I was intrigued by the fact that desserts from the restaurant were served at breakfast.<BR>You can make a regular glutton of yourself at either place.<BR><BR>You are going in December, so the fact that the Hotel Carlton Opera is air cooled is of no consequence. But for those of you going in the summer, the cooling machine is a major plus.<BR>

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 08:26 PM
Linda

I stayed at the Hotelpension Arenberg, 4*, within the Ring, part of Best Western so get discounts but with posh Vienna feel. It is near the Air Terminal (where buses from airport arrive), U-Bahn stop, and maybe 5 minutes to Stephensplatz in very nice area. Frau Arenberg had autographed pictures of movie stars, conductors, etc. on her walls. My room had a balcony and it was very nice in Dec. 2000.<BR>Another small hotel is Hotel Drei Kronen, 3*, with very good buffet breakfast, just outside ring and maybe 8 minute walk to Opera. Nice outdoor market across street and grocery store in next block. It is near the University and visiting professors stay there. Also, stayed Dec. 2000.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 07:20 AM
bettyk

Well, I'll add my 2 cents. Twice we have stayed at the Admiral Hotel which is located off Mariahilferstrasse behind the Museum Quarter. It's a couple of blocks from the Ringstrasse and the U-Bahn.<BR><BR>It's quiet and the rooms are nice and clean. They also have a nice buffet breakfast. Rates are under $100 for a double. Here's their website: http://www.admiral.co.at/index1.html.