accommodations in Vienna

Search

accommodations in Vienna

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
accommodations in Vienna

Hello friends. Once again I am counting on your help. My daughter and girlfriend are looking for a cute(a must) hotel or b&b beginning June 11 for 2 nights. Safe, convenient location. Please help..price no more than 200 euro/nt. Thank you!!
Old May 19th, 2006, 08:54 AM

http://www.hotel-fuerstenhof.at/default.htm
Or:
http://members.nudsl.at/agnes/
We have stayed at both and they are great.
Fuerstenhof is about 5 min from city center by U-bahn, Zur Agnes is a little further out in the wine area of Sievering, great quiet location and the landlady and her husband are quite the characters.
Old May 19th, 2006, 09:07 AM

I don't know what defines a cute hotel, but they will enjoy the Aldstadt hotel. It is friendly, convenient and a little bit different. Also, the breakfast is superb and comes included in the price. Try googling it and you will see some outstanding reviews.
Old May 19th, 2006, 09:21 AM

"Cute" but modern or "cute" but traditional?
We find www.hotel.de very helpful for booking hotels and they have good rates.
However, looking for those nights, they have far fewer hotels available than usual and the rates are much higher than usual. I checked on the individual web sites for several of my favorite Vienna hotels and they either weren't available or they were charging far more than 200 euro a night. So...you might have to be a little flexible!
Old May 19th, 2006, 09:52 AM

The Best Western Tigra should be well within your price range and is located within the ring and thus an easy walk to the central sights and near the tram. The street is not exceptional but perfectly safe. What is exceptional is that the two buildings that make up the hotel are the buildings where Mozart stayed as a boy for his first Vienna recital and later returned as an adult. The concert hall where he played is just around the corner. The hotel is modern inside, with excellent bright rooms and bath. The buffet breakfast is outstanding in its choices and quality. One thing though, they have an annex for which none of the above applies. Staff could not be faulted.