Search

Bestfares.com

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 10:01 AM
Carly

Bestfares.com

I was reading a previous post with a person asking if she had found a good airfare, I forget where she was going, but one of the replies suggested bestfares.com. I looked at their site, and they really do have some great fares to Europe, but there is an annual fee. Has anyone used this company? I am thinking about joining, but feedback would be greatly appriciated.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 11:13 AM
xxx

ttt

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 11:19 AM
Marilyn

One year we purchased as many as 13 tickets through them. No problem, but you have to be able to adjust your travel dates by what is available for the fares--Like leaving on a Thursday and returning on a Tuesday. Also, once it is done there is not much chance of making a change. However, if you want to save money, it's works well. We paid the annual $60 fare which includes a monthly magazine with the passwords to use and some coupons. Marilyn

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 11:47 AM
Jennie

Marilyn: You mentioned buying several tickets through this site. I have always wondered about buying more than one ticket through them. For example, if I have paid the annual fee, am I able to buy a ticket for myself and, say, my spouse? Or does the spouse have to pay the annual fee also? When you bought your 13 tickets, had all 13 of the people they were for paid the annual fee? <BR><BR>Thanks in advance,<BR>Jennie

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 02:04 PM
Carly

First, thank you both for your replies. Jennie, that is a great question, one I was wondering about myself. Marilyn, can one member buy tickets for everyone, or does everybody need their own membership? Also, do you get to choose your airlines and how many layovers you have? <BR><BR>

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 01:39 PM
steve

a member can buy tickets for anyone. In addition to the tickets for our family, I have also bought tickets for employees.<BR><BR>On the trips I did, I did not have a choice of airlines (was TWA most of the time). They do have a new 'fare finder' section for north/south america flights. Enter your origin and destination and it will show several fares, some of which are by airline.<BR><BR>Even if you don't book thru bestfares, you should take a look at the site to get an idea of what fares can go for. <BR><BR>It used to be rather awkward to use the site (too much information, not organized enough) but it has vastly improved in the past year and is quite easy to use

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 03:03 PM
Maira

I have posted this many times, so those who have read this before, bear with yet another post on the subject Bestfares.com was the worst waste of money I have ever spent. The phone agents were invariably incompetent, the dates were always sold out, the seats were never available, the routes were quoted higher than the airlines, it was the biggest fiasco I have ever encountered in the travel industry. I did gave it a fair shake; was a member for two years in a row, attempted to use them probably 12-14 times. Never, ever found their deals to be better than deals that were also available thru cheaptickets.com, flights.com, airlines websites. My best advice is save the money and do your own research on internet consolidators.

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 07:51 AM
me

I just got $286 round-trip tickets Denver-Paris on Bestfares.com... they are having a huge Europe sale for the off-season! Yes, the website had originally said I could get it for $199, and yes, the fare was higher once I called (I'm a member), but STILL... what a deal anyway!!

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 08:06 AM
Tim C

Hi Carly,<BR> I am paying $466 total for airfare from New Orleans-Philadelphia-Rome and Paris-Philadelphia-New Orleans for the dates 3/17-3/26/03. We will fly US airways and the flight given is just about as quick as possible. I thoroughly research any trip that I take and I am a fan of bestfares. I doubt that anyone can find a cheaper price for the route that we are taking. I have no problems ;thus far, with Bestfares.com.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 08:38 AM
Holly

Do you get to see the itinerary before you commit to buying the tickets?

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 09:03 AM
fred

We've used Bestfares for a number of trips and bought tickets for family members. We've gotten good prices everytime whethere it's for travel in the states or Europe. I haven't used them for every trip because sometimes you can find something just as good going direct with an airline, but for the times we saved, we saved big time. They usually have one airline that offers the best rates but once when going to London, they had others at different times with only a slightly higher price. If you're thinking of doing a lot of travelling give it a try, for 60 bucks compared to what an entire vacation will cost it worth the risk.