paper tickets from Expedia?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2003, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it possible to get the actual paper tickets when you buy through expedia? I'm planning on flying to Helsinki, Finland and then by train to Russia. I'd prefer to have paper tickets as verification as to leaving Russia to show at the border. Probably not necessary as the train ticket should suffice, but I'm a paranoid and I've learned in past trips that the Russian border can be a surreal experience if you've got a quirky border guard who wants more 'authentication' or something similar. I know it would cost a fee, but it would be cheaper than the possible alternative. Thanks
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 10:40 AM

I dont think I would ever risk losing a paper ticket.If you do,you have to purchase a new ticket and the refund for the original ticket takes months.IMHO
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 11:07 AM

Yes, you could get a paper ticket. Here is some basic info from Expedia.com:

How will my flight tickets be delivered?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you choose the e-ticket option and e-tickets are available, you will receive an e-mail that includes your itinerary information and confirmation numbers. You will not receive paper confirmation, receipt, or tickets. When you check in for your flight, give the ticket agent your name and flight number, or provide a printed copy of your itinerary. You must always provide a government-issued photo ID.
If you do choose to receive paper tickets, or if the e-ticket option is unavailable for your flight, you will receive paper airline tickets via express mail delivery. A shipping and handling fee will be included with all other charges on the Billing and Delivery Information page, and is applied to your credit card (or invoice) at the time of purchase.

What if my tickets are lost or stolen?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your paper airline tickets are lost or stolen, please call us immediately at 1-800-EXPEDIA or 1-404-728-8787. An Expedia.com representative will assist you in processing a lost ticket application.
In most cases, you will be required to purchase replacement tickets at ?today?s? fare. An Expedia.com representative will facilitate the sale of these tickets. If your original tickets are not used after a designated period of time?generally 3 to 4 months?you will receive a credit for the purchase price of the replacement tickets, less the application fee. This fee varies by airline, but is typically $75.00 per traveler.

Each airline has its own rules and policies for issuing replacement tickets. Expedia.com is bound by these rules and policies and must adhere to them.

Old Jun 5th, 2003, 06:46 AM

You can get paper tickets from orbitz as well. Here is what it says on their site......

Question

I am not comfortable with e-tickets. Can I request paper tickets instead?

Answer

In most cases, you will have the choice between paper tickets and e-tickets. However, there are some circumstances in which only e-tickets are available.

Here are some things to consider if you decide to purchase a paper ticket:

Delivery service: For tickets purchased more than 26 business days before departure, we'll send your paper ticket via U.S. First-Class Mail. For tickets purchased 26 business days or less before departure, we'll send your tickets via FedEx. The delivery service will be noted in your confirmation e-mails and in the itinerary details under My Stuff.
Delivery address: Tickets will be sent to your credit card billing address. Paper ticket(s) can be delivered to a P.O. box when sent via U.S. Mail, but cannot be delivered to a P.O. Box when being sent via FedEx.
Fees: Orbitz charges a non-refundable $20 processing fee for each booking that requires delivery via FedEx. For paper tickets delivered via U.S. First-Class mail, Orbitz charges a non-refundable $15 processing fee. These fees are in addition to any airline paper-ticket fees.

(if you can only get a paper ticket than no fee is charged)
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 12:14 PM

Remember that some airlines will charge as much as $50 additional for a paper ticket whenthey could otherwise issue an eticket.