Reload this Page >

Hotels in Santorini, Greece

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Lena

Anyone have any good hotel recommendations for Santorini? (around $100 cdn.) and what area is best?<BR>thanks.

Old May 8th, 2002, 01:48 PM
xxx

Search for "Santorini hotels" to start and on Fodors main page (under Hotels, Europe, Greece, Cyclades with Santorini and Mykonos).

Old May 8th, 2002, 04:33 PM
sue

I did not stay at this hotel, but I checked it out in case anyone needed such a place. It is the Oia Sunset. Obviouly it is in Oia. It is very clean and delighful, with a pool. There is no view of the caldera from this hotel, but you just need to walk around the corner and there are plenty of places to sit and look. You can get info on at www.dilos.com

Old May 8th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Sue

We stayed at Volcano View Villas, and a more beautiful view of the caldera I cannot imagine. I checked online for a friend a couple of days ago, and I think the rate is 148 euros. It's not in town (Fira) but close, and a free shuttle runs back and forth throughout the day. I forget the website, but you can easily find it on google or go to www.greecetravel.com. A real budget place, without a view, is Villa Mathios; I was going to book our extended family group there (trip didn't happen); it comes well recommended on the above site. It sounds like great value for the $$. Good luck, and have fun!

Old May 13th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Michele

Try www.greekhotel.com or www.gr-santorini.com. Both have extensive lists of hotels on Santorini.

Old May 13th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Melanie

What are you looking for? The 3 big areas that I saw people staying at were Fira, Oia, and at the beach. (I cant' remember the actual name of the beach, but it starts with a K.) Pros and Cons for all: <BR><BR>Fira - pro- big town, lots to do, lots of clubs and nightlife, lots of cheaper hotels<BR>Con - Loud, slightly dirty, and many tourists<BR><BR>Oia - Pro - Very beautiful, smaller town, great views from everywhere, cute villiage at bottom of cliff<BR>Cons - More expensive hotels (for the view), longer ride to Fira (although fairly cheap by taxi)<BR><BR>K Beach - Pro - Just being by the black beach, nightlife, cheaper hotels (I think - could be wrong)<BR>Con - Far away from Oia and caldera, not as nice views\<BR><BR>I stayed in Oia at the Esperas Villas and loved it - amazing views, huge rooms (cave-like houses, nice pool, personal service. We rented a car and went everywhere on the island, but took tzxis at night.

Old May 15th, 2002, 05:52 PM
Dee

Does Caldera Apartments have a pool?

Old May 15th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Carol

Try the Aressana........it's reasonably new.......right in the center of Fira. The rooms are lovely, the management is incredible, and the breakfast is fabulous. It is rated an "A" hotel, but I don't think it's too expensive because it doesn't have a good view of the caldera (but you only have to walk about 30 yards, and there is the million dollar view). Ask for Mrs. Mendrinou (she's the owner) or Jacqueline. They are the best. I'd go there again in a heartbeat.