Hotels in Modena and Bologna

Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 03:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Modena and Bologna

Has anyone ever stayed at the Mercure Modena Campogalliano hotel in Modena? I am traveling to Italy (my first European trip) on Jan 31 on business. This is one of the hotels our host suggested. It is so inexpensive, it almost scares me! But if we prepay, the room is only $57.00 USD per night. I love a bargain, but...
Also, we plan to spend our last day and night in Bologna. Any suggestions on a good hotel close to the Bologna airport? Your time is much appreciated!
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 03:43 PM

For Bologna I can recommend Al Cappello Rosso, perfect for being in the centre, other places and itineraries (including the San Luca walk featured in "The Broker" by Grisham, ) in central Italy see www.elegantetruria.com .
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 04:33 PM

Perfectly clean and charming hotels can be had in Italy for very little money outside of the big cities (Milan, Rome, Bologna) and the most touristy places (Venice, Capri, etc). I haven't stayed at that hotel, and would look on tripadvisor, but it's perfectly possible it's a sweet hotel. Anyway, your best bet is to look on tripadvisor or venere.com for a well-reviewed hotel.

The Bologna airport is not quite outside Bologna, but transportation to it from Bologna is quite good. So you should look in the center of town to make the most of your visit. Since I always stay with friends in Bologna, I can't give you a recommendation except: Book as fast as you can. Bologna has a chronic hotel shortage and a lot of trade fairs. It is not uncommon for the city to be booked fully.
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 04:34 PM

typo alert: I meant to say that Marconi airport in qute outside Bologna -- meaning, it's a hike.
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:02 PM

vetralla is advertising her website.