Help! Lodging Near Bologna?

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 12:00 PM
Toodie

Help! Lodging Near Bologna?

I need your help! My husband & I were planning on staying in Bologna in May '03, but we are having problems finding lodging as apparently a big trade fair is scheduled during our time there. We wanted to use Bologna as home base for 5 days in the area. Any suggestions for other options would be very much appreciated. We are not adverse to staying in a "county inn" as we will have a car for getting about. Thanks!

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 03:54 PM
Toodie

tt

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 04:40 PM
Vicky

Just returned from a trip using travel books by Karen Brown. She has a web site with 2 different books on Italy and I found Bologna in both books. www.karenbrown.com.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 05:37 PM
Matt

Bologna is one of Italy's major venues for trade fairs. Trying to get a hotel room during one of them is futile. That said, it never hurts to try. I just went to the official Emilia-Romagna website (www.regione.emilia-romagna.it) and knowing a modicum of Italian pointed me here:

http://urp.comune.bologna.it/IAT/IAT.nsf/ServiziInternet?OpenView&Start=1&Count=30&Collapse=1.4#1.4

That bunch of gibberish links you to a list of all possible places to stay in Bologna -- hotels, B&B's, campgrounds, you name it. I don't know how exhaustive a list it is, namely, if the Comune di Bologna does or does not list every single place there is.

Nearby cities are Modena, Ferrara, and I think Imola, all about a 20 minute train ride from Bologna.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 09:51 PM
Holly

I ran into this problem a couple of years ago, and decided to stay in Ravenna for a couple of nights, then to Bologna once the trade fair was over. Worked out great.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 05:56 PM
toodie

Thanks for the suggestions. We did find lodging at the Hotel Il Guercino. Do any of you know of this place?