Reload this Page >

Hotel Opera Cadet, rue Cadet

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 09:32 PM
Allen

I have reservations next week in Paris at the Opera Cadet Hotel, on rue Cadet near the Gare du Nord. Could anyone comment on this hotel or the area? Is it a safe area?

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 11:18 PM
Daisy

we stayed there two years ago. The neighborhood is fine.

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 11:23 PM
Daisy

we stayed there two years ago. The neighborhood is fine. The street is closed to traffic most of the time. The hotel has nice if cramped rooms. The breakfast room is very pretty and looks out to a garden. Breakfast was very good-seemed to be geared to Americans. The staff was very nice and had no problems with our lack of French. The Metro station is very close, and there is a lot of shopping within walking distance. There is a great Italian restaurant about two blocks away-could not tell you name. There is a food market on the street behind the hotel. We would stay there again.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 05:09 AM
Fred

People who stayed there made these comments about it:<BR><BR>Opera Cadet (3 star right bank)-<BR>very good hotel<BR>I'd recommend this hotel<BR>It was wonderful<BR>very clean and modern<BR>service was excellent<BR>it lacked charm<BR>location is not the most attractivel<BR>rooms were very small<BR>were well satisfied with it. <BR>Very clean<BR>For more Paris information go to www.anamericaninparis.com

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 08:17 AM
Liz

I stayed there 4 years ago - It was very nice, and I'd stay there again. Location is great - metro stop very close. Rooms were very modern - very clean with all the typical amenities. I've read posts and reviews recently of this hotel, and it sounds like it's still a good bet. It doesn't' have the &quot;charm&quot; of some hotels, as the decor is very modern. But that was not a problem for me.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 09:09 PM
Allen

Thank you all very much for the info on the Opera Cadet Hotel. Will be leaving Wed. Jan. 29th.<BR>