Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel Julia in Rome - anyone been there???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all - I'm thinking of staying in Hotel Julia in Rome in January. Anyone been there and can report???
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 12:08 PM

Hi Auss - I stayed there in March. I had a standard single room, the price was about $90 for one night. The reservation and front desk people were very helpful. The room was clean and small but for one night it was just fine. Sink and toilet in the room, shower down the hall. I would stay there again, but if it were for 1 night I would want a bigger room.

If you are arriving by plane, take advantage of their offer for arranging a shuttle from the airport. It was a bargain at 12 euro. It is about 10 euro for the train and then you have to get to the hotel. They can also arrange for the shuttle to return you the airport - you need a 24 hour notice for that.
I hope this answered your questions.
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 12:42 PM

I go to Rome about once a year and have staying at the Hotel Julia for years. I like very much. The location is great as is the price and the included buffet breakfast is better than most. It is a 5 minute walk to the Trevi Fountain and only a little longer to the Spanish Steps.

Larry J
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 12:50 PM

I liked the single, economical room and the breakfast at Hotel Julia also, and I found the location very convenient.

For January, you might be able to get a very good deal. I think rates can be as cheap as 42 Euros per night. My rate was 50 Euros per night, but that included some of the Ephiphany holiday period.
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 03:06 PM

We stayed at Hotel Julia just last month for 4 nights. Everyone there is so nice and helpful and they all speak english. We had a small room, with own bath for 140E per night including a great breakfast. Rosa at the hotel arranged to have a driver pick us up at the airport for $50E for the two of us which was great since we arrived at 10pm. Location was great. We walked everywhre except to Vacican City which we took the metro which was just two blocks away. We would stay there again.