Reload this Page >

hotel in Venice, Amadeus?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 05:44 PM
melva

I have been unable to find this hotel in the guidebooks I have. What can anyone tell me about it? <BR>Thanks <BR>Melva

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 01:18 AM
Liv

See web page www.gardenahotels.it, and you will find it to be 1 of 3 hotels under same management/ownership including Hotel Principe and Hotel Gardena. My family is staying in September at the Principe, and I'm looking for any comments and experiences about it.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 05:45 AM
melva

I, too, have seen their Web page, and it looks wonderful, as good web pages accomplish. I just wondered, if anyone on this board, might have some comments, as to the location of the hotel, etc. <BR>I appreciate any help.... <BR>Melva

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 07:03 AM
elaine

Hi <BR>I did find this website that had one personal comment on the Amadeus <BR>http://www.photo.net/italy <BR>/venice-hotels.html <BR>It is practically next door to the train station. That's a busy area--don't know if noise would be a problem in front-facing rooms. It's about a 20-30 minute walk to Piazza San Marco, which is not as central a location as I would want for myself.

Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We stayed there in 2001. It's very convenient to the train station. And while it is a bit of a walk to St. Mark's, I didn't think it was that big a deal. Our room was nice, and the breakfast was good. The staff, however, was not terribly friendly, but agian it didn't bother us. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably look at the Bellini (owned by the same company) since it is just as close to the train station and it ios on the Canal.