Hotel in Florence?

Old Nov 19th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel in Florence?

Any recommendations for a medium level hotel in Florence in mid Jan 06 for 2 adults and a child close to the city centre???
Old Nov 19th, 2005, 06:56 PM

You should be able to take your pick of some low-season specials at that time. If you state your budget amount here, you will probably get a lot of suggestions within the centro area.
Old Nov 19th, 2005, 08:21 PM

I am not sure what medium level hotel means to you - but we stayed with our children at the Hotel Goldoni - this was several years ago but we found it to be quaint, adequate for us - no restaurant, etc but we were out and about all day and wanted to eat in different places at night so we didn't care to eat in hotel - they had lovely breakfast and there are several large rooms w/ plenty of room for your child if you want in your room - you didn't say age, so I am not sure. You can probably google it and see if there are any recent reviews, etc. It was a great location for getting around.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 09:23 AM

I highly recommend the Hotel Globus which is within walking distance to the train station and the city center. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Rooms are clean, wonderful breakfast is served but no restaurant.
http://www.florence-hotels.hotelglobus.com/
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 11:08 AM

You might want to have a look at www.relaisuffizzi.it and see if they have accommodations. We stayed there in Oct 2004 and loved the location and some of their rooms are big and have seating areas with sofa beds. Their bathroms were very clean but somewhat dated with green tile and fixtures. We found most of our hotels on this trip to be more than the ones in France for the same type of accommodations. We paid 200 euros then.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 11:13 AM

I haven't stayed there yet, but Hotel Casci gets wonderful reviews on Fodors as well as tripadvisor.com

Our group (family) has this hotel booked for June, 2006, and I feel confident that we will get exactly what we are looking for in a hotel for this particular trip.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 11:32 AM

We have staryed at Hotel Casci about 2 years ago. It is a friendly, family-run hotel with basic and clean amenities. Breakfast was included, including fresh, unlimited, coffee made from their own capucino and espresso maker.

It is on a fairly busy street, about only about a 10-minute walk north of the Duomo and about 5-minute walk to the San Lorenzo market.

Ask for a quiet room by their courtyard as we did.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 12:17 PM

diddith,

Thanks for the tip, and asking for an courtyard room sounds doable for a double room.

In our particular case, the other two rooms are quads. I wonder what the chances are of getting one double, and two quads in a quiet section of the Hotel Casi in high season?

I will definitely send an e-mail to Paolo Lombardi at the hotel a week before we arrive requesting a quiet area.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 12:47 PM

We also stayed at Relais Uffizi - highly recommended! Our room was very large with enough room for a family. The price was reasonable, staff helpful & courteous, breakfast delicious, and the location was perfect.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 12:50 PM

Sorry i_am_kane, I'm not familiar with the configuration of the hotel in terms of location of the rooms. We only asked for ans was provided a double facing the internal courtyard. Perhaps, somebody else here might provide you with the quad and courtyard information.

One thing I should mention about hotel is that is not modern as you may encounter some creaky floorboards here-and-there. It was fine for us as it was clean, comfortable and close enought to the areas that we wanted to be close to. Plus, the proprietors/owners are very friendly and helpful with all kinds of suggestions, if you need them.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 02:07 PM

Our family stayed in a quad room at the Casci Hotel a few years ago. We had no problem with noise. Our room was very spacious, and we had a queen bed and two twin beds. Plenty of room for the four of us. The location was ideal, and the owners were very nice. They were so nice to our children and just overall were very helpful.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 02:24 PM

Hope you are not planning for the week of January 8 because the whole city appears to be booked up for the Pitti fashion fair.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 03:16 PM

We enjoyed the Hotel Pendini. It does list quads on their website:

http://www.florenceitaly.net/hotel.html

The Pendini is adjacent to the Piazza Repubblica. Staff was multilingual and very helpful. Breakfast room was in a bridge that extended to the block across the street, with a charming view.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 03:33 PM

I have stayed in the Casci, Il Guelfo Bianco and Pensione Allesandra. I liked them all.

Il Guelfo Bianco was higher priced but the nicest. Pensione Allesandra had the best location IMO but it also had stairs to climb which may be a problem for some. Hotel Casci is friendly. Kane, you and your family will like it, I'm sure.

I also stayed at the Ritz several years ago and it is a nice hotel but too far from the center for my liking.

Old Nov 21st, 2005, 02:36 AM

I can tell you not to stay at Hotel Balcony. We ended up staying at Hotel Accademia, but you may be looking for something a little nicer. It was 70 euros for us a night. We had a great trip there at that hotel but tripadvisor.com doesn't yield the best results from everyone!

http://www.florence-hotels.accademiahotel.net/index.htm