hotel in Cavtat?

Sep 20th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Original Poster

hotel in Cavtat?

I am thinking about staying my last night in Cavtat instead of the apt. in Dubrovnik, just for ease of getting to the airport for a very early morning flight. I thought it might just be easier to get a taxi from a hotel closer to the airport than to have to haul my suitcase down the stairs at the apartment and through Old Town to the taxi stand at Pile Gate. And, who knows if there are many taxis at that time in the morning. My flight leaves at 6:25. So, if anyone can recommend a hotel in Cavtat, hopefully under 100 euro, I would appreciate it.
Sep 20th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Original Poster

tt
Sep 20th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Original Poster

Anyone?
Sep 20th, 2007, 08:05 PM

We stayed at http://villa-kipre.com/apartments.html

We loved the four days we spent here.

This should definitely be cheaper than 100E. I think we paid around 50E.
Sep 21st, 2007, 02:20 PM

tt for Barb
Sep 21st, 2007, 02:43 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Christycruz. Is it far from the water? Is there someone on the premises, like a concierge type person? I'm mostly concerned about getting a taxi very early on my departure day and not having a lot of stairs to carry suitcase up/down.
Sep 21st, 2007, 06:10 PM

It's not far from the water, but it's on a small hill.

Ana Kipre is very helpful, and would let you know if she has an apartment on a lower level and if she can arrange a ride that early.

Her husband picked us up from the airport for a reasonable fee. He looks like a Croatian Alex Trebek.
Sep 24th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, I emailed them on Friday and have not heard back. Maybe they are full for that night. I might just wait until I am in Dubrovnik and just go to Cavtat one day and see what I can find.
Sep 25th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

christy, they just emailed me. So I told them yes. Exactly how small of a hill, lol? She said it was a 3 min. walk to the water. Sometimes the European's perception of time is quite different from mine. It is 45 euro, airport transfer included - a double room with balcony and seaview!! Can't beat that.
Sep 26th, 2007, 12:11 PM

Oh, enough of a hill that we didn't want to forget anything and have to walk back up, lol. But really, it was no big deal.

Yes, 3 minutes to the water. Very close (and downhill).

Ana might remember us, a couple with a 3 year old girl fascinated by the turtles in the garden, and we accidentally took the room key with us to Lopud and had to mail it back.

You got a good deal for a one-night stay!