Neuschwanstein, hotel question?

Jun 1st, 2006, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

Neuschwanstein, hotel question?

Hello there,

I will be raveling to Neuschwanstein in two weeks and am leary about the hotel reservation.... I have been trying to book by email at the Pension Albrecht, but they never seem to answer my question or confirm my room? After reading a very recent traveler review almost verbatim to my story, I am concerned.

I thought about Hotel Muller, but at $240 a night it is too steep for my budget.

Any other suggestions or experiences with the booking of Pension Albrecht?

Danka,
Keston
Jun 1st, 2006, 08:53 AM

We stayed here and highly recommend it. Great breakfasts too.

http://www.neuschwanstein-hotel.com/
Jun 1st, 2006, 09:21 AM

We made reservations at Hotel Alpenstuben for there most expensive room with view of Neuschwanstein and it was 104 euro for high season. You might try them. They emailed me back the next day.
http://www.alpenstuben.de
Jun 1st, 2006, 09:25 AM

We liked Villa Jägerhaus which is a stylish annex to Hotel Lisl.
http://www.hohenschwangau.de/index.php?id=430
Jun 1st, 2006, 04:53 PM

We stayed at Hotel zum Hechten in Fussen twice, just a few minutes to Neuschwanstein. Great place.
www.hotel-hechten.com

paul
Jun 2nd, 2006, 06:28 AM
Original Poster

Something unusual must be going on....

Albrecht seems to have a "new" problem with customer service and honoring reservations.

Hotel Mueller is now $240 a night.

Hotel Rubezahl is booked.

Alpenstuben has a two night minumum now, but it sure looks like a fun place to stay!

Ill keep trying!
Jun 2nd, 2006, 06:44 AM

Keston,

Many places in Germany will be booked, charging higher prices, and/or requiring minimum stays during June, due to the influx of visotors for the World Cup. You may have to look at bit away from the tourist path to find something. Good luck.
Jun 2nd, 2006, 08:33 AM

Look for hotels in Fussen, it's just a few minutes away, and you will have alot more choices. The towns itself is very pretty, as well.
Jun 2nd, 2006, 09:00 AM

I agree with looking and probably staying in Fuessen. You could even stay farther afield in Oberammergau depending upon your means of travel.
Jun 2nd, 2006, 10:16 AM

The Hotel Alpenstuben is fantastic!! We were there for 2 nights last May and absolutely loved it. The best part was in the evening after 6 when the town basically shuts down. You can walk through virtually deserted streets. We walked around the lake and got some wonderful pictures of the 2 castles together.
Jun 2nd, 2006, 10:57 AM

Keston,
We stayed at Pension Albrecht about a year ago, and while we did not have problems getting responses to emails to reserve the room, I just wanted to let you know that I do not think you will miss much by booking at a different location. Albrecht was economical and quaint, but also very basic and a bit run down. Our room had a good view of the castle, but the balcony was in great disrepair, and the room smelled funny, had many stains on the carpet, and our shower broke and flooded the bathroom during our 1 night there The folks running the place were very accommodating, and of course they are so economical, one can't complain much, but you're not missing too much by booking elsewhere. Good luck!
Jun 2nd, 2006, 03:14 PM

Mrs. Fly and I really feel sad about what we've been reading from recent travelers about their experiences at Pension Albrecht.

We were there 4 years ago and it was wonderful--clean, well-maintained, nice breakfast, etc. A really pleasant stay.

Sure would like to know what happened to have it change so quickly.
Jun 2nd, 2006, 07:23 PM

This is indeed odd. Like the Fireflys, my husband and I thought this was an outstanding place to stay when we were there about two years ago. It was immaculate and charming. However, Fussen would be a good choice for a palce to stay. Lots to see there, and a charming old town area. Once you've seen the castles, there's not much else in Neuschwanstein.
Jun 2nd, 2006, 07:35 PM

bookmarking
Jun 3rd, 2006, 02:46 AM

There is a small place just below Neuschwanstein in Hohenschwangau village that I know hasn't changed over the years (except for the name and that was only from Pension to Haus) and that is the Haus Weiher. A lovely hostess, well kept rooms and a nice view from the balcony of the castle itself. Last month the price for a doubleroom was still very reasonable - 52 Euro. I've recommended it for well over a dozen years and I've never had anyone indicate it was anything less than I said it was. My URL indicates Pension but it is now officially the Haus Weiher (just down the street from the Pension Albrecht). - http://www.bensbauernhof.com/pensionweiher.html

Ben
Jun 3rd, 2006, 08:31 AM

Wow, Ben, thanks for that link. We are planning to stay in the Rhine/Mosel area as well as Bavaria and this information is really helpful.

Jun 5th, 2006, 08:28 PM

ttt