Search

Hotel Guerrato or Hotel Galleria?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2003, 04:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Guerrato or Hotel Galleria?

Hi!

I will be in Venice in August this year and I am desperately trying to decide between two hotels - Hotel (Pensione) Guerrato near the Realto Bridge and was featured in Rick Steves' book OR Hotel Galleria in Dorsoduro. Can you please offer your advice? The rates I have been given are comparable. Our view at Hotel Galleria is of the bridge supposedly (but not the canal.) Thanks!

Old Jun 13th, 2003, 06:10 AM

We stayed at the Hotel Galleria and had a view of the bridge. Its actually quite a nice view. We sat in our room and had breakfast (they serve it in your room) and watched the world come alive on the bridge. The rooms were clean, people were great, location amazing!
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 01:07 PM

The Guerrato is wonderful!!!!And your hosts, Roberto and Piero are so helpful....perfect location too!
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 03:28 PM

Stayed at Hotel Galleria in March, wasn't happy w/ it AT ALL. Very noisy room, small and not really clean to my standards
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 03:42 PM

The Guerrato looks like my kind of hotel--very much like my favorite the Leon Bianco. Does the Guerrato have air conditioning? The site does not say.
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 12:38 PM

I can not comment on the Guerrato but stayed at the Galleria a few years ago in a very narrow room (literally the width of the double bed) overlooking the canal. We did not find it noisy at all but we were pretty tired by the end of the day from walking. They served us a nice breakfast of fresh based croissants and coffee in the morning in our room and the bathroom while very small was adequate. The location can not be beat as it is literally at the foot of the bridge next to the vaporetto stop. I guess it can be quite a challenge to find some of the hotels that are not on a main artery.
Overall, we very much enjoyed our stay..may not be suitable for everyone.
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of your advice everyone. I think we have decided to go with Hotel Guerrato. I'll let you know how it goes!
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 03:48 PM

Please do let us know - we have also decided on the Guerrato, but for New Year, and would like to hear of your experiences. (Specifically, do they have heating in the rooms?)