Hotel Due Torri Roma

Jul 10th, 2003, 07:50 AM
Original Poster

Hotel Due Torri Roma

Does anyone have experience with this Rome hotel? It was recommended by a friend but I can't locate any reviews.
Jul 10th, 2003, 08:00 AM

If you will type Due Torri in the text box and click on find you will get 303 threads from as recent as yesterday to as far back as 1997 where someone has referenced this hotel either in the original post or in a response to the post. Also, try www.tripadvisor.com and www.eurocheapo.com for reviews. Good luck.
Jul 10th, 2003, 08:00 AM

It is often touted here and is a nice hotel. Near the Piazza Navona, and that is a great location.
Jul 10th, 2003, 09:13 AM

Si! My husband and I stayed there in Oct 2001, based on recommendations found on this board. Loved it and its sumptious breakfast buffet (included chocolate candy). Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Do the search as recommended by Rookie.
Jul 10th, 2003, 02:32 PM

I am surprised you didn't find any reviews of the Due Torri on this site because that is how I learned of it.

My husband and I stayed at there last May for 8 nights and really liked it. It is not a really fancy hotel, but it is nice and it is in a great location. It is within walking distance to many things, (at least for us--we are in our mid-30s): Piazza Navona, Spanish Steps, Vatican City, Pantheon.

We had a fairly large room for European standards, and the bathroom was nice and large. There was a hairdryer, phone, tv and air conditioning. The staff is also very friendly and will help you with cabs, restaurants, whatever. It has an elevator. The breakfast was also pretty good for a hotel in this price range: bread, yogurt, hardboiled egges, coffee, capucino, etc. The hotel is also on a very quiet street, which is unusual and wonderful to find in Rome.

I would definitely stay there again.

The only negative thing I remember is that our air conditioning didn't seem to work well so sometimes it was hot in the room. This made me think that it would not be a good hotel for mid-summer because the weather was fairly mild (being May) while we were there.

If you have any other question, just ask.
Jul 10th, 2003, 03:05 PM

Although we were there in October, the weather was very warm and they'd turned the AC off for the season. We had a corner room and the cross-ventilation was nice.
Jul 10th, 2003, 07:33 PM

We stayed in the Due Torri's sister hotel, the Fontanella Borghese, for 10 days in mid-October 2002. The air conditioning was still on.

Both hotels are in good locations, although I think I like the Fontanella Borghese's a little more. It's in a building facing the Palazzo Borghese (the Borghese home, not the museum) and a nice market square (antique books, prints, newsstand).

The owner of the hotels was in the house almost every day of our 10-day stay. She and her staff were very attentive to our questions and requests.
Jul 11th, 2003, 06:06 AM

We stayed at Hotel Due Torri this past April and loved it. We had a with this great corner balcony....it was so charming.

Their breakfast was also the best breakfast out of all of the hotels we stayed at. And the concierge was so nice and helpful.

I think it was in the perfect location because we were within minutes of the main sights and yet it was nice and quiet at night.
Jul 11th, 2003, 06:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your comments. I am a rookie on this forum, but once I did the right search I found a wealth of info. Terrific!